Bike Diet Thread, it's just too darn heavy

aardvarkash10":1ko04t1u said:
think laterally - 6lb of body weight loss is easily acheivable by not drinking for four weeks. And that way, it works on ALL your bikes at once...

But can you get that nicely machined and anodised in blue...?

Well I'm £25 into the budget, Went to pick up a cable for my gears and the local bike shop sold me these. Ritchey hubs and skwers on WTB speed MAster rims, apear to be in very good condition. :D

Not really too much clue if these are light but they seem lighter to hold than the current wheels.

Front 796grams

Rear 1047grams

Lovely Ritchey Skewers but heavy? 114grams as a pair

Attachments

• IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_2415.JPG
    IMG_2415.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_2416.JPG
    IMG_2416.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_2419.JPG
    IMG_2419.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 420
You will be able to find lighter skewers, but for the money its not a very effective place to save weight. The Halo's in my link will save some weight for little money.

spike3":3k6ixmze said:
Well I'm £25 into the budget, Went to pick up a cable for my gears and the local bike shop sold me these. Ritchey hubs and skwers on WTB speed MAster rims, apear to be in very good condition. :D

Not really too much clue if these are light but they seem lighter to hold than the current wheels.

Front 796grams

Rear 1047grams

Lovely Ritchey Skewers but heavy? 114grams as a pair

Not weenie light, but a good sensible weight I'd suggest :) More importantly though - what a bloomin' bargain! Top work there, they really are very nice indeed :cool:

So £75 to go, saddle & wheels sorted, seatpost and cranks next I guess?

spike3":3tx8dx54 said:
Struggling a little with the post as it's a 27.0 and I want a layback post :?

Thomson layback, either hunt for a 27.0 or reem your frame out to 27.2 (if possible) and get a 27.2 one. Lighter then most carbon posts.

FST4RD":1ft2djm9 said:
spike3":1ft2djm9 said:
Struggling a little with the post as it's a 27.0 and I want a layback post :?

Thomson layback, either hunt for a 27.0 or reem your frame out to 27.2 (if possible) and get a 27.2 one. Lighter then most carbon posts.

They're not cheap though though ;)

ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Long-System-E ... 500wt_1127
Black and Silver. Weight unknown but lighter than what you have probably (weight what you have though) and see if anyone knows the weight/message the seller

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Not particularly light either!

Don't think I'd be reaming anything - 27.0 come up on here pretty regular :)

Back