Macretro fat camp

I can do it when I'm not injured, currently recovering from broken ribs and wrist problems so a bad start.

Doubt I'd get to 13st mind :LOL:

clockworkgazz":2s8dcytz said:
That sounds like a very good plan Salty.
I have been jumping about like a tit to "just dance 3" on the Wii :oops: :LOL:

HaHa , thought about that earlier but didn't bother ...

Going to start off at 400 miles per month, rather than 500, still a big increase but still average 100 per week or so, will be more doable.

I use a van at work so no chance to commute etc.

Cycling will be my priority, plus the tools are there, a few bikes, for all conditions.

Wish me luck.

Right i'm gonna need to get on the scales...

Usually 9st on a bad month and 10st on a good one 10.5st has been my top weight (i think) and after my Open OP i was 8.5.

So 9.5 is normal - i'm looking to put on half a stone and sit at 10.

This will be calories in then resistance training and pilates type lifts, yoga breathing and stretches - push-ups, pull ups and cycling to build muscle mass and cardiovascular health.

Main aim is to put my abs back together after 12 months of rest.

Got a cateye comp for chrimbo so i can record saddle miles :)

Pulling this shark-bite together is gonna be tough but i figure cycling combined with the above can't hurt can it?

I've never seen a physio about rehabilitation procedure and exercise.

MacRetro fatcamp is the place to be although i have a BMI of approximately 19 or so :O

EYE OF THE TIGER :twisted: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Get some carbs in before rides and protien shakes after, soon get a bit of muscle on them bones mate :)

More accurate update

Height 1.78m/5'10
Weight 87.6kg/193lbs
BMI 27.7.

Since we're using BMI

bmi.JPG

Managed three hours out on the bike last night. Really pushed it too as it was the last ride on the dying Cotic. Already starting to feel the benefit of the turbo trainer sessions. A little stronger and going longer. Also rode in to work this morning. Resting tonight as we have a long all day-er 2mrw.

Interested about the Pilates and Stretching exercises you are planning Jonny. Can you tell us more? Any suggested routines or web linky thingys?

kaiser":2sb1i835 said:
Gazz can I suggest you pick a weight unit? Be it kg, lb, or stone should be easier to track?

I suppose us lot being oldskool types and the wrong side of 40 we should go for feet, inches, stones and pounds. None of this European metric nonsense

I've learned stretching is quiet important where any serious bike ride or heavy lifts are involved. It can be sometimes painfull for me without stretch cruical body parts like middle back and neck.
I think this exercises are good for start:

http://www.womensheart.org/content/exer ... ercise.asp

I add sit-ups on the end as warm up but can be combined with anything you like. Yoga is good as well.

Back