EDDY MERCKX STRADA O.S Single Speed

mat*46*

Dirt Disciple
I've been browsing and checking out everyone elses builds for a while now and thought it was about time I posted one of mine.

I'm not sure how this will go down as it will end up a bit outragous. I really love retro frames but i'm not a lover of retro finishing kit. What i'm going to build is carboned out retro single speed bike.

The build should be complete by March but I thought I would get the thread started now.

The build is going to be pretty outragous. It's a lovely old Eddy Merckyx frame which will be built up with deeeep carbon clichers, carbon chainset, seatpost etc. It should look very stealthy indeed.

Should be some good progress over the weekend. Have allot of the parts already, just a few issues to sort before they can be fitted.

This is the frame as purchased.

Forks removed. Threadless headset fitted. Carbon bottle cages fitted. FSA Carbon chainset fitted.

hmmmmmm...
lovely frame and forks but (just my opinion) why don't you get a frame with track dropouts to go singlespeed instead of a frame with all the braze ons for gears?
You could do a great build with original or contemporary parts / wheels but to go singlespeed full on carbon seems wrong to me! :oops:

I guess you are keeping the forks........ ?

That's an interesting frame on the floor, the green one with chrome ends. What is it ?

Shaun

Hi, Yeah i'm keeping the forks incase I sell it at a later date.

The frame on the floor is the frame I origionally tried to build up. It's a moser frame. Really nice (better than this one) but the seatpost is stuck.

Sold it on ebay bu the guy hasn't collected yet so might get the power tools on it!

Should be some new pics 2morow.

Matt

Some good progress has been made this weekend....

Look HSC forks fitted.
Planet X CNC superlight brakes fitted
50mm Deep Carbon Clinchers fitted
Bars and stem fitted.

I have an issue with the chainset. It doesn't seem to be compatible with the shimano hollowtech BB so i'm waiting on an FSA one.

Bit of an update, starting to make good progress now. Had major issue with the bottombracket which are now sorted!

Bottom bracket and chainet fitted.
FSA Carbon seatpot fitted
Tyres fitted

I've got most of the other bits so should be fully built soon.

1006340t.jpg

Shot at 2012-02-11

All finished.

It's a bit outragous but really lovely. Can't wait to take it for it's first spin now.

1006358f.jpg
[/url][/img]

Back