WTD: Orange Dynamo

garethuglow":s8k9fv6w said:
Frame or complete. Bit of a long shot but worth a try i guess. 56cm would be best.

Cheers

"Hen's teeth" springs to mind. From what I gather Orange's production of road bikes was very finite. I have spent a lot of time looking and have only seen a handful of Orange road bikes (either up for sale or just photographed) that are clearly genuine. I've seen more bikes that are stickered with Orange decals than real ones.

On the other hand, I have this 54cm Dynamo, unflatteringly depicted next to some dog-related paraphernalia and currently doing the rounds in my loft -

104aacec.jpg

The forks were broken by the original owner. Unbelievably, Jim-Laden on here (who lives around the corner from me) has an identical but much tidier 60cm example with the original forks. The decals on his bike are also largely intact. I drove down to the previous owner's house with him to buy it.

I looked into restoring my bike but thougth better of it. It has been nickel plated, but this is quite complicated (and pricey!) both to strip and to re-plate on aluminium.

I also used to own this:

dynamo1.jpg

Good luck!

Both nice. Is the top one alu then? I assumed they were all steel like the bottom one. Will keep lookinh!

Back