1990 Kona Cindercone - Paint Splatter

Very nice!:) I like the mk2 GTI as well! Look fwd to seeing the XCD group set on. I've not installed the bottom bracket as I'm still running a Shimano one at the mo. But all in all I'm nearly done.

Cindercone's

Hi guys,
I have managed to get hold of 2 of these cindercone's. Im not sure on the exact year but mine are slightly different to the ones ive seen on here. Decal slightly different. They look the same, splatter paint etc but have Mountain LX gearset, biopace front rings & shimano lx brakes. They dont have any suntour bits on, im guessing these are original as both identical. They came to me cheap but i dont really have the space as i have too many bikes now. So they will be going up for sale. If anyone thinks they might be of interest please let me know & i will start a new thread with pics.
Cheers, Dazza

Re: Cindercone's

sirdazalot":380jzuxm said:
Hi guys,
I have managed to get hold of 2 of these cindercone's. Im not sure on the exact year but mine are slightly different to the ones ive seen on here. Decal slightly different. They look the same, splatter paint etc but have Mountain LX gearset, biopace front rings & shimano lx brakes. They dont have any suntour bits on, im guessing these are original as both identical. They came to me cheap but i dont really have the space as i have too many bikes now. So they will be going up for sale. If anyone thinks they might be of interest please let me know & i will start a new thread with pics.
Cheers, Dazza

hi there,one of these wasnt £40 off ebay was it?i missed out on one when it was offered to me as a 2nd chance buy.i didnt bother buying it then regretted doing so!! :roll:
could you pm me some pics and prices please.

cheers
dave

Hi, no i didn't get it off ebay. I got the pair from a house clearance last weekend along with an old Dawes road bike. I will try & get pics sent tonight. I will also start a new thread as soon as i get chance. :)

Re: Cindercone's

sirdazalot":4por3wcn said:
Hi guys,
Cheers, Dazza

Ok, if it's got a u-brake on the rear it's an 88 or 89. If it's black chainrings and u-brake it's 89 and has a K on the top tube. I have one at the mo which I'm doing up.

That's in stunning condition for its age, not had much hard use. I find it amazing that the first owner did not thrash it to death as they are such a sweet ride! :shock:

sirdazalot":ja4mwbde said:
Hi, no i didn't get it off ebay. I got the pair from a house clearance last weekend along with an old Dawes road bike. I will try & get pics sent tonight. I will also start a new thread as soon as i get chance. :)

cool!!nice one

dave

Strange that on every Cindercone I've seen the spatter tends to be very "speckly" whereas on the Explosif (yellow on pistachio) the yellow is more "streaky".

Just saying..... :oops:

Although sirdazalot's looks streakier - '88 compared to '90 perhaps? And it's got the Explosif mustardy yellow in there too!
Maybe it's only the '88s that were painted by Paul Brodie?

DSCF3106.JPG

Latest posts

Back