The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaska are easy to price mate - do a search on here or ebay. Frame about £80-100, forks £60, complete bike say £300.

kingkongsfinger":3vpx664g said:
Not sure if I need to sell it or not yet, but an idea of what its worth would be helpful. Cheers. It now has a Kore Elite stem (NOS) fitted and a ringle seatpost, check the link below for a few photos. The drive chain is all like band new, 8 speed. Its generally in very very good nick. 18 inch.
SAM_2117.jpg
[/list]

Hello KKF, did you ever shift that old GT frame I sold you? Lovely looking bike, it might be worth more if you split it, the brakes alone tend to go for very good money in the classifieds section. Coomber sounds pretty close to the mark as always I'd say. What are the wheels?

JonR":19f0jy7h said:
kingkongsfinger":19f0jy7h said:
Not sure if I need to sell it or not yet, but an idea of what its worth would be helpful. Cheers. It now has a Kore Elite stem (NOS) fitted and a ringle seatpost, check the link below for a few photos. The drive chain is all like band new, 8 speed. Its generally in very very good nick. 18 inch.
[/list]

Hello KKF, did you ever shift that old GT frame I sold you? Lovely looking bike, it might be worth more if you split it, the brakes alone tend to go for very good money in the classifieds section. Coomber sounds pretty close to the mark as always I'd say. What are the wheels?

Wheels are mint lx hubs on rigida rims.

Still got the Alavance JonR, its built up with newish xt kit and other fairly good kit, hope mono minis and carbon exotic rigid forks, again this might be for sale as well. £ 350 ish. It was for my lad but its collecting dust ! :cry:

What is the fair value of a Ringle Moby seatpost blue anodized? I'm thinking about selling mine, someone locally wants to buy it, but I think they are daft in what they are valuing it at. As they say, "they ain't makin' more."

However, collectible as they are, his point is that they weren't really the greatest seatposts. Unlike a Thomson or Syncros which rarely broke, there were lots of reported Moby failures, which I also remembered.

So should the Moby be valued for being collectible for a vintage build, or valued for not being a totally bombproof seatpost like a modern Thomson?

I think I'm going to sell it, just not to him. So what's it worth?

is $1400 USD a fair price for this bike?

Here are the specs - unfortunately I can't access pictures from this computer.

1990 klein attitude frameset, medium, dolomite.

Previously owned by a bike shop owner, so the components were top of the line from that era (1990-1994) but obviously not the original specs. My real dream bike is an 92-93 adroit, but I would certainly be willing to take an attitude. My main concern is not getting ripped off.

XTR brakes, cranks, hubs. Spinnergy rev-x wheels, etc....

I obviously won't know condition until I see and feel the bike for myself. Assuming the condition is very good - i.e. minimum scratching, perhaps around the chain area, is $1400 US a fair price for it?

My initial sense is that it is a fair price - it's definitely not cheap, but not overpriced. I tried using ebay to gauge prices - but the range is all over the place, plus I think the prices become inflated during the holiday season.

Seller lives quite far from me, so it's obviously to my advantage to get as much info as possible.

many thanks

$1400 for a dolomite attitude seems like a fair price, but it all depends on condition, there is the issue with older attitudes cracking in certain area's, so before commiting, make sure you know exactly what its like.
it would be nice to see some pics though.

klein dolomite

I decided to pick up the Klein - a horrendous journey that took me a good two hours each way.

The bike does not look like it has been ridden in at least ten years, and does not look like it was ridden offroad. Apparently the only use it got was when the seller's young daughter was riding it around the block. The tires look almost unused.

Is there a dust cover that fits under the hole of the fork where it goes into the headtube? I found cobwebs in there.

The frame looks intact - The paint is immaculate around the seatpost, around the BB area (even under the BB, where rocks would have impacted it if ridden offroad). Some marks on the endbars (like when a young girl falls). The wheels have residue on the rim area, but the carbon fiber is undamaged. Plenty of dirt and dust, and what looks like rust.

Frameset and front mech seems to be the only thing original - rear is an SRAM ESP 9, grip shifts (missing some sort of small plastic cap), xtr v-brakes. Coda 502M with what seems to be usage marks on the outer edges.

I attached pictures - and I have some questions:

1. did I pay a fair price
2. Is that rust around the wheel hub / skewer area? Is it repairable? Best way to clean?
3. Is it possible to touch up the paint? Only one of the chips seem to have penetrated the primer (making the aluminum visible) but the others show the grey paint primer.

Attachments

• IMG_0754s.JPG
    IMG_0754s.JPG
    424.5 KB · Views: 1,045
  • IMG_0755s.JPG
    IMG_0755s.JPG
    407 KB · Views: 1,045
  • IMG_0756s.JPG
    IMG_0756s.JPG
    483.9 KB · Views: 1,045
  • IMG_0757s.JPG
    IMG_0757s.JPG
    437.8 KB · Views: 1,045
klein attitude dolomite

more pics,

Attachments

• IMG_0758s.JPG
    IMG_0758s.JPG
    373.4 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_0759s.JPG
    IMG_0759s.JPG
    293.7 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_0760s.JPG
    IMG_0760s.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_0761s.JPG
    IMG_0761s.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 1,046
klein attitude dolomite

last batch of pics

Attachments

• IMG_0762s.JPG
    IMG_0762s.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,044
  • IMG_0763s.JPG
    IMG_0763s.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,044
  • IMG_0764s.JPG
    IMG_0764s.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,044
i'd like to see a pic of the bike. but you've got an attitude.
personally i think if you paid $1400. then i would probably have paid the same, although ive never been a fan of spinergy wheels on mtb's.
very jealouse of you, i've got an rc100, now i want what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back