Have I have been ripped off by a member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tintin40":16r6vzro said:
Why send on Xmas eve?? It's not going any were till after the holidays. Better to have waited till after New Year?

Any way you have refunded £55 so just refund the small amount no fuss no thread on this sale.

When and how i send them has nothing to do with you,
I sent them Christmas eve because i said i would.

and i sent everything else Christmas eve and they got there fast.

ramstein-dh":2qjirnuw said:
technodup":2qjirnuw said:
A lot of hot air for nothing tbh. Just get the Paypal claim in and you'll get the money back.

He didn't send recorded so he's not got a leg to stand on. You win. (And if they should happen to turn up weeks later then you win again ;)).

Some sellers are fncking clueless.

Not at all as if i do find out the forks turned up and he does not send them back
somebody will be knocking on his door to get them back
If you're that close you should have hand delivered them.

Xmas eve in the post office was quiet as the grave - the panic was over, so that's got no bearing on this situation.
But I 100% agree with most people here - it's the sellers responsibility to get the item to the buyer. Always use a signed for service for protection of the seller and the buyer. This should act as a lesson to the seller -sure he saved £30 on postage, but he's going to be £72 down by the end of all this and still have no forks.
The Royal Mail do have a workable compensation system from my experience, sale value of item and postage costs refunded if you go through the P58 process. I'll always refund if stuff goes walkies, then claim back, which can take months but always works.

been on both sides of this fence before...

Sellers responsibility - end of

it's your responsibility to deliver the goods that have been paid for.
if the buyer says they haven't arrived then it is your responsibility to chase or prove they have, either by using a recorded delivery method or pursuing with the post office until they confirm they were delivered or they confirm lost.

This is on no way the buyers problem. Seller should refund and take it on the chin as experience, you skimped on postage and it has backfired on you.

I got caught out once years ago like this and I learnt my lesson, since then anything over £40 goes recorded.

I got caught out once years ago like this and I learnt my lesson, since then anything over £40 goes recorded

Anything over £45 incl postage from me goes RMSD in case it gets lost in transit, compensation only goes up to about 40 quid plus the postage cost back

Chap sold me a camera flashgun recently and got very worried when it didn't show seeing as he had only used recorded, turned up eventually though

Jesus, will somebody lock this and end it please.

Paypal will deal with the refund and there is a feedback area on this site to leave appropriate feedback if you've had a poor transaction.

There is no need for yet another public hanging.

I don't think this thread is headed anywhere good, but I agree with the general consensus here. It's the seller's responsibilty to put the goods in the buyer's hands. If the price is advertised as "posted" or "including delivery" that that's what needs to happen. If they don't arrive it's not the buyer's fault, it could be the courier's fault, but then the buyer chose the courier so it's back on him.

Posting 30 parcels at once has no bearing on the buyer, he doesn't care that 29 people got their stuff, only that he didn't (taking everything at face value here). Buyer has a contract with seller. Seller has a contract with courier. Stuff goes missing then the courier refunds seller, who refunds buyer. No ifs or buts.

makster":27k92yan said:
And has even posted pics of parts I've sent actually being delivered! :LOL:

LOL. I forgot about that! And back by popular demand, pics of Makster's 730 XT pedals being delivered.......

DSC_0299-1.jpg

Reluctant":27k92yan said:
sure he saved £30 on postage, but he's going to be £72 down by the end of all this and still have no forks.
No, he'll be refunding monies that were paid to him. The post office will refund him the postage and the value of the fork up to the maximum amount he was covered for. It may take a while, but he'll only be out the difference of the post office's payout is to what his perceived value of the fork was.

ramstein-dh":27k92yan said:
Not at all as if i do find out the forks turned up and he does not send them back
somebody will be knocking on his door to get them back

I don't see the guv' lettin' that one slide.

ramstein-dh":lgmlotce said:
We_are_Stevo":lgmlotce said:
Every Post Office in the country asks you how you would like to send your parcel once you've put it on the scales at the counter; they then tell you the cost of your choice and ask you what the value is for insurance purposes.

If you then choose to send it 'cheaply' knowing you are not insured for the value of the item, quite frankly you need your head examining - especially posting on Christmas Eve! :roll:

The onus is on the Seller to refund the purchase price, inc. P&P, then pursue it with the Courier Company - end of...

You must have a different post office to me then as they just give me the cheapest price.

So you are wrong there

I have used PO's the length and breadth of the country and they ALL ask the value of the item because it's in their own interest to do so;

If you had insured your parcel for the correct value all you would have to do is fill in a form, attach your receipt and claim your money back.

Because you didn't the PO, quite legitimately, say 'Take a hike!'

As a result you are now being vilified in the full glare of the world-wide-web and you don't even have the decency to apologise?? :roll:

ramstein-dh":1drmcs7k said:
We_are_Stevo":1drmcs7k said:
Every Post Office in the country asks you how you would like to send your parcel once you've put it on the scales at the counter; they then tell you the cost of your choice and ask you what the value is for insurance purposes.

If you then choose to send it 'cheaply' knowing you are not insured for the value of the item, quite frankly you need your head examining - especially posting on Christmas Eve! :roll:

The onus is on the Seller to refund the purchase price, inc. P&P, then pursue it with the Courier Company - end of...

You must have a different post office to me then as they just give me the cheapest price.

So you are wrong there

must be something to do with your location
i sent a frame out earlier today, plonked it on the scales and was inundated with a barrage of how i wanted it sending, value of item contained within, how much insurance did i want, etc etc etc.

so you could be wrong there. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back