Have I have been ripped off by a member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamabikes":2w3qothi said:
would the seller have to refund the postage too? not talking about distance selling regs as these do not count for private sales.

The shipping company (I think) would refund the postage to the seller so I would expect it to be refunded to me.

Why send on Xmas eve?? It's not going any were till after the holidays. Better to have waited till after New Year?

Any way you have refunded £55 so just refund the small amount no fuss no thread on this sale.

I don't know, if the buyer isn't willing to foot the additional cost for tracking, I feel it falls in a grey area between buyer/seller responsibility if no discussion and agreement has been made before hand.

*Knock* on wood I've never had to resolve a claim either sending or receiving an item. But requesting tracking for global delivery is fairly expensive, and I've forgone the additional cost and have told the seller that I would take full responsibility. I've also instructed buyers that if I'm sending an item without tracking, that I'm not held responsible if lost.

I do however keep all postage receipts and customs forms as record that I've shipped an item(s) out.

FMJ":ck5gmi8j said:
I always take pics of the parcels I'm shipping showing postage paid on the counter of the post office and forward them to the buyer. That way he knows that the postage on the item has been paid and it has been shipped (once the postage is affixed to the parcel it is deemed in the possession of the postal service here).

And has even posted pics of parts I've sent actually being delivered! :LOL:

Rob Atkin":1qkr2l8m said:
I would never send anything over £40 by anything but fully insured post and that's built into the price. Weigh everything first and calculate the correct postage before you post the ad.

I tried that on a few items I sent out to other RB members, and our national postal service is such a mess that it's impossible to predict until you're actually shipping the item.
If you walk up to the counter there and ask for the cost to send something of certain weight and size, they just tell you : "either bring it in or stop wasting our time".

As a result of that, I have actually sent items out BEFORE being able to send the buyer an exact quote.
One of the buyers promptly paid without any problem, the other ... well ... I Karma'd him a set of headset spacers if he'd pay the postage. He still owes me the 1,09 EUR and didn't even answer the PM I sent 2 weeks later, asking if he received it.
Lesson learnt, I'm not doing any business with him ever again.

Every Post Office in the country asks you how you would like to send your parcel once you've put it on the scales at the counter; they then tell you the cost of your choice and ask you what the value is for insurance purposes.

If you then choose to send it 'cheaply' knowing you are not insured for the value of the item, quite frankly you need your head examining - especially posting on Christmas Eve! :roll:

The onus is on the Seller to refund the purchase price, inc. P&P, then pursue it with the Courier Company - end of...

If you sell something with postage included in the price, then you would think suitably insured postage would have been factored in. Standard parcels covers only £41ish anyway, so wasn't suitable anyway. Parcel Monkey could have delivered these for £7 insured :roll:
I pay for everything with PP + fees on here now, so i have the security of a refund if it doesn't turn up. I would love to know how many people on this site would actually lie about something not actually turning up.
Wait 15 (working) days, seller puts in claim, and gets their £41 back, as long as P.Force don't deem them to have under insured item.

A lot of hot air for nothing tbh. Just get the Paypal claim in and you'll get the money back.

He didn't send recorded so he's not got a leg to stand on. You win. (And if they should happen to turn up weeks later then you win again ;)).

Some sellers are fncking clueless.

We_are_Stevo":pl2t2g0x said:
Every Post Office in the country asks you how you would like to send your parcel once you've put it on the scales at the counter; they then tell you the cost of your choice and ask you what the value is for insurance purposes.

If you then choose to send it 'cheaply' knowing you are not insured for the value of the item, quite frankly you need your head examining - especially posting on Christmas Eve! :roll:

The onus is on the Seller to refund the purchase price, inc. P&P, then pursue it with the Courier Company - end of...

You must have a different post office to me then as they just give me the cheapest price.

So you are wrong there

technodup":2o2kodv1 said:
A lot of hot air for nothing tbh. Just get the Paypal claim in and you'll get the money back.

He didn't send recorded so he's not got a leg to stand on. You win. (And if they should happen to turn up weeks later then you win again ;)).

Some sellers are fncking clueless.

Not at all as if i do find out the forks turned up and he does not send them back
somebody will be knocking on his door to get them back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back