Have I have been ripped off by a member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have initiated a paypal dispute.

Not really the avenue i wanted to go down but it appears i have limited choice.

The sellers username is "ramstein-dh"

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/profil ... le&u=10436

He has a small thread in the feedback forum but it appears to not be linked to his account, i suspect he will probably just re-register under a new account anyway.

Anybody else had any dealings with him?

Huntso":30xvgzbc said:
He should have proof of postage which would enable him to make a claim from the post office, just to be it bluntly its tough shit for being so tight with the postage

He apparently has, and was going to the post office so they could "scan barcodes" but nothing has came of it, he apparently posted 30 parcels that day, maybe another one of his customers ended up getting my forks as well :roll:

i would say he sent them judging by his reply.
but.....until the goods turn up they are his responsibility as at the time of sending they allways ask whats the value ect ect do you want insurance and so on.
he will have proof of posting you wont have proof if anything and if the pist office was to honour an insurance claim they will pay him not you or anyone could phone the post office claiming stuff never turned up.
so he should refund you and chase the post office regarding HIS missing parcel (it only belongs to you once you have accepted delivery of it)
if he wont then paypal might sort it out but if you have marked it as a gift then your knackered there.
yes stuff does get lost but irrelevant of how it was sent a serial number on the receipt should be enough to find out where it is

I fully agree!

Its not my problem, he has the proof, he should know what is going on, maybe he does! maybe he lost the receipt?

I was happy to honour the sale if they turned up, but he is not keeping my money on the off chance that they do turn up, thats mental.

i will make three points

1> i have had one transaction with said member and i got what he said he would send me.

2> i have had about 3 parcels not show up from members, and they have all turned up back at the senders due to various reasons.

3> the only parcel i have had that has disappeared is an item i bought and gave the wrong house number in a drunken stupor.

Well i'm not being funny buddy , but yours are the only item which has not
arrived.
At the time of sending on Christmas eve i send around 30 items.

The reason i done all my stuff so cheap as i could send them out as standard
first class postage.
Some had to go via parcel force force 48 as they were too heavy.

Once the item has been posted it is out of my hands what happens.
For all i know they are on your bike as we speak and i have already given you £55.00 back which i did not have to do.

If i were to rip you off i would not have given you a penny back.
I have no idea were the forks are now , maybe at your house maybe on some scum back thief's bike i don't know.

Also i have been to the post office with this problem and there are nothing but useless.

Ok so you say why not send the stuff recorded?
But if i pay for 30 parcels and pay the recorded myself that's over £30.00
out of my pocket.
also the shipping on your forks cost me £12.35 more than what i had expected in the first place.

So i have nothing more to say

NONE of the above is my problem.

You have a PO receipt that should tell you were the item is.

S-M":1bynqjs0 said:
NONE of the above is my problem.

You have a PO receipt that should tell you were the item is.

+1

Responsibility of the sender to make sure they get there.

You decide to save a bit of cash for yourself and not use recorded - well it's backfired on you so you gotta give the refund.

I would never send anything over £40 by anything but fully insured post and that's built into the price. Weigh everything first and calculate the correct postage before you post the ad.

If you don't insure something properly don't complain when it all goes wrong and you find yourself out of pocket.

It is the responsibility of the seller/sender to send items with the adequet level of cover for the item being sent. IIRC First Class & Std Parcel is circa £40.

In the instance where the item is above this level a different postal method should be chosen - this gives both parties piece of mind.

For £10.99 (or there abouts) a set of forks can be posted with Parcelforce 48hr and insured for £100 with a signature at the receiving end.

£12 or more seems strange unless they were Monster T forks.

Paypal should side with the buyer unless proof of purchase showing delivery could be provided.

Sad days when this happens:

ramstein-dh":yycbv6lz said:
So i have nothing more to say

Did the seller include a return address?

would the seller have to refund the postage too? not talking about distance selling regs as these do not count for private sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back