my new Klein build (97 Pulse)

Originally mine, ;) when it was black and tatty, I sold it to a guy on here from Essex that sprayed cars (IIRC) for a living.

It's had at least one (or maybe two) owners since..

And contrary to what's said up there^^^ it's nowt to do with Jonrock.. :p :LOL:

whats that saddle's name ? is it any good ? : )
not a Klein fan, but i love the sober looks and colour! congrats!

Thanks for the info GT-Steve - at least I know it's history now :)

and the pics on that other thread do do the colour justice!
Looks like the original painter hasn't posted on here for a long time though, so I guess he's no longer active on here?

whats that saddle's name

I call him Henry...

(not sure on who it is made by, I got it on another complete build years ago, the only markings on it are 'carbon', so presumably there is a carbon shell under the limited padding)

It's actually very comfy and I would love another one. Weighs 188g by the way cos I checked last night ;-)

Wowwwwwwww looks lovely this :cool: :cool: :cool:

I had a frame sprayed by same sprayer great job, the guy has had a breakdown though, so that why not on :( :(

When I said the dropouts weren't Klein I was wrong of course, I meant not the classic Klein horizontal style. They are stamped as Klein.

The Pulse is a super light frame whch is great. I got my one running 1x7 at around 22lb without no real weight weenie parts on it. I stripped the paint of the frame for a respray ( a shockingly bad home one :D ) and the frame was around 1.3Kg.

Sadly as the frame is such thin tubing I managed to pop out one of the bottle cage mounts putting the bolt in as there was a bit of paint on the thread, it really is that thin. A decent length bit of downhill bumpy track can leave me with blurred vision as it can be so harsh a ride. Super quick on singletrack though.

I have a good idea of how it will ride as I used one of the shop Pulse's for a season of XC races back in 99 when my own Attitude race bike was busted, part of the reason I went looking for one... that and not wanting to take my Bonty through the winter mudfest :)

Think I need ot take some daylight pictures to show off the colour as the difference between the pics in the orginal re-spray thread and my shocking 10pm kitchen-lighting-and-phone-camera combo came out really poorly!

I've spent today having a bit of think about more weight saving as there are no really weight weenie bits on it at the moment other than the tyres. I reckon I could save another 1/2 pound or more if I tried...

Latest posts

Back