Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
North London

Hello,

Been checking this site from time to time for a few months, thought it time to introduce myself... and my bikes:

1: Basso 'Coral' late 80s/ early 90s - Columbus 'Cromor' tubes, Mix of old and new 9spd Campag veloce, Miche RX5 wheelset, 3ttt stem and Bars, Campag record carbon post and selle italia saddle, vittoria rubber, Miche calipers, miche bb.
2: Ambrosio 'solaro' 2000ish, Cheap shimano wheelset, campag cranks with ss 39:14t gearing, Dia Compe levers, miche calipers, miche bb, Swalbe rubber, velo orange 'sit up n' beg style bars, ritchey post, cheap merida saddle
3:Ridgeback 'comet' 2000ish, fizik saddle, ritchey bars, zoom stem, 2x wheel sets, for touring - Mavic A119 on Miche hubs and for off road - Mavic CXP33 on Hope ti's, shimano bb, FSA chainset, Sram shifters and mechs, Avid levers and V brakes, miche cassette for road and sunrace for off road.
4: Giant TCR compact 'expert' 1999 (1st year of TCR I think), Tioga spider saddle, Mike Burrows aero post, Zipp carbon bars, FSA carbon chainset running ss 38:13t gearing, Mavic open sport rims on Tiagra hubs, Vittoria rubber, shimano slx calipers and levers - super lightweight ss bike.
5: Giant OCR3 2006 frameset only
6: Giant Cadex 1995 frameset only
7: Giant 'Boulder' 2005ish, stock - my only bike still as it was designed to be! and my only functioning MTB (hardtail)
8: C Boardman pro 2006 frameset only, carbon & alloy TT frame (ex-pro owned/raced)
9: Raliegh 'Ozark' 1987? - 26" wheel tourer project with full campag group in progress
10: Diamondback Axis frameset only 1992/3? - Probably for sale soon
11: numerous boxes of spares, loads of campy chorus, record etc parts trying to justify finishing off a few more projects but will probably be going to have clear out soon so watch out ebay

Yeah I'm a big fan of Giant and Boardman & Burrows stuff but I like to ride my Italian steel with campag in good weather and its alloy and ss for commuting and rain etc. Always got a few projects on the go and in the pipeline. An uncontrollable tinkerer, all my bikes change form regularly. Running out of space to store and work on them all plus prefer spending time with my wife and 18 month old son currently so will be getting rid of a few bits. Followed bike racing since Stephan Roche did the Tour, Giro and Worlds in 1986, confirmed bike addict

Hello,

I'm Al from Orange County, CA. I found this forum a few weeks ago and decided to join in. I have a Dagger hardtail I'm going to be updating/restoring. I'll post a separate thread about it.

Hello all. I've lurked here much and salivated over pics. Been riding MTB since 1986 or so. Currently residing in Vancouver, Washington (not the Canadien one).

I'm gonna start off by flooding the Reader's Bikes thread with some lowend beauties I've had recently. I might get some pics up of my mid-range keepers at some point as well.

Hi everyone thought it was about time I joined in the fun and said hi :D , a friend of mine over on singletrack told me about this site a few weeks ago, it was not until this I discovered that I was not alone in riding old bikes :shock:

I"ve been riding and racing bikes since the late 70's, over these years i seem to have amassed a small collection of bikes,most sit here unriden and in various states of decay and neglect. Looking at some of the bikes on here has made me see that they can be restored back to there former glory, so i'm looking forward to restoring a few of the nicer ones and swinging a leg over once again with a little bit of help from the retrobike community.

hey all took me ages to sign up... now been keen on bikes my whole life etc etc.. and just in the middle of buildin my orange back up. cant wait... well intro over and good to be here..

p's please keep some good purple bits in the for sale for me :D

and defo need to meet the blokes who like swaps as need some canti's for my maguras

I suppose I should introduce myself at some point.

I'm Alex, 22 years old from Vancouver, I've been riding street since my 13th birthday, trials since my 20th and downhill for about 4 years now (unless you count the standard baptism by fire of being taken down technical DH trails on your first hardtail ;) ). I was brought up on bike videos and am nostalgic for an era I wasn't even a part of. I'm very interested in the evolution of bikes, and in particular how each developement opened the doors to new riding styles and terrain.

I ride a custom '07 Cannondale Chase 1, '10 Specialized Demo 8 II, Rockman Kortz 2.5 and whichever of my project bikes is rideable at the time.

Most people probably can't relate to me too well on here, but I caught the retro bug bad a couple years ago and my collection of retro playbikes has been growing ever since. That replica Shaun Palmer '98 Worlds bike that was circulating around at the time didn't hurt either :D .

Hey, thought I might as well introduce myself!

Anyway I'm a student up at loughborough uni studying computer science, I enjoy going mountain biking and am thinking about doing up an old bike I have back home, that's pretty much it to be honest :p

Hi Folks,

Having just got back into MTBing (having a mid life crisis) i have been back in the saddle for over a year now. I have recently become the proud new owner of an Orange C16R frame and plan to rebuild it. Any advice & reccomendations on parts etc would be greatly appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back