Project - GT Zaskar 1997 - 16" - Completed 24/9/2011.

Looks stunning, Top job :cool:

Recently fitted the early style stickers back on mine, after having 94 style ones on it most of the year.

SAM_0311.jpg

Many thanks to everyone for the positive comments, glad you all like it! :D

Special thanks going to those below:

jimihendrix for inspiring me with photo's posted in 2010 of his ever changing Zaskar (pictured above in it's latest guise).
Gadro for the Race Face Turbines and Middleburn rings.
stubbsy for the Flite Titanium.
Gil_m for the custom stickers.
obi-wan-mtb for the Ringle Zooka (which unfortunately did not want to go on the slightly oversized Z2 steerer), a good excuse however to start thinking about the next build ;)
Cycleworks of Leatherhead for removing the snapped bolt from the water bottle boss.
Dave a friend of mine who helped swap over a couple of headsets.
Tc for bringing Peek to my attention.

Will post up a few more pics after it's next outing.

Cheers
Keith.

that is a stunning build

Your build is fantastic!! I am starting a build on an 03/98 Zaskar LE frame in the cosmic sunburst factory paint. I hope it turns out nearly as nice as this one!

Thanks guys, as requested here are a couple of side on shots

Attachments

• DSC02497.JPG
    DSC02497.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,255
  • DSC_0031.JPG
    DSC_0031.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 1,255
Tell me, when you (or Retrobikers in general) "restore" or build a bike to such a beautifully clean & spotless standard, do you ever go out & rag the s**t out of them over big gnarly rocky, rooty, rutty, filthy, wet, muddy trails & use them & crash them as they were designed to be used, or do they just get light use on tarmac & cycle trails & washed & polished immediately after ever ride before theyre returned to the lounge to admire?

This is a serious question!

Lovely Zaskar BTW !

Back