92-93 Klein Attitude Cosmic-New Pics added 2-25-12 Page 3

That's the photo I was referring to.
I must say this Attitude looks a lot different.
Photos Tuesday.:)
But till then, just a little more skin.

Attachments

• klein 23.jpg
    klein 23.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 2,459
So here it is.
I have found out more about it.
The fella I bought it from raced road bikes in the mid to late 80's and was friends with a Klein Factory Road Racer who also worked for Klein.
About 1995, Joe(the guy I bought it from), wanted to get a bike he could ride around his newly acquired farm. His old friend, the Klein guy, said he had a bike that he could have in trade for a Cervelo that Joe had. They traded and that is that.
You can tell that it was a "employee" frameset by the hole in the dropout.
It also has the name of the "employee" on the drop.
OPIE was his nickname because, supposedly, he looked like the character from The Andy Williams show.
The paint is very cool. Much better then I thought it would be.
There are a couple of things that are strange.
The 1st is that there is RED under the paint. You can see it where the paint is chipped or scratched. Did the frame start as a different color?
2nd is that the rear brake hole looks larger, like they wanted V's but it is not big enough for a cable. Is that wear?
I would love to source a all Green or Turquoise kit. I think that would really highlight the paint but for now it will get full XTR M900.
Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_2003_1.JPG
    IMG_2003_1.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 2,343
  • IMG_2018_1.JPG
    IMG_2018_1.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 2,343
  • IMG_2014_1.JPG
    IMG_2014_1.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 2,343
  • IMG_2009_1.JPG
    IMG_2009_1.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 2,343
GearlessinSeattle":2cuqflvn said:
The 1st is that there is RED under the paint. You can see it where the paint is chipped or scratched. Did the frame start as a different color?

Cheers.

I bought a 93 Attitude from a former Klein employee that repainted it. When the frame got chipped you could see the original paint underneath. Perhaps, this how they did it, just paint over the original paint?

Trippy cosmic paint.....

Really doesn't look as bad as I thought it would from those crappy CL pictures the seller posted.

It looks like it should be pretty easy to touch up at least.

The cable hole is kind of a bummer.

Did he just have the whole cable running thru the frame?
Looks like the front cable stop is intact no?

The front cable stop has not been touched so that is why I don't understand why the rear would be the way it is.
I think once I touch it up and get the dark cable guides it will be hardly noticeable.
Out of town for 2 weeks so not much that will be done till I am back.

That would make sense but where there V's before 95?
I didn't think Klein made the adapter before 95-96.
I thought it was made for the 95-95 year frames.

When I bought my 93, the previous owner was running V-brakes. When I removed them and the adapter, there was a noticeable gouge. However, when I ran the inner housing you couldn't really notice it.

Back