Crantinope

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Pace Fan
Feedback
View
OK here goes:

This is what I know: I have a PACE RC200 & RC31's, I therefore have IS mounts F&R :?:
I have a single HOPE C2 No.3 disc brake with 185mm rotor. Someone told me that 185mm was too much for my PACE, and 165mm rotors F&R would be suitable, and to do this I would need No.3 rear & No.5 front, is this correct, or is it a different combination :?:
Any advice would be very welcome, cos I don't know what i'm doin ;)

Cheers...Nick

Pace did limit the forks to 165mm. No3, does 185 fr and 165 rear. No5 does 165 front, 145 rear. You might be able to fight a caliper half if you can't find a No3 brake.
Hope that helps

Cheers,

I have the No.3, so it looks like I need to source a No.5 from somewhere, am I reading it right that if I source just the outer (half) of a No.5 I can swap this directly with the No.3 and use a 165mm rotor on the front (am I able to use 160mm rotors with these)?

Cheers...Nick

Crantinope":u0o00ofh said:
I have a single HOPE C2 No.3 disc brake with 185mm rotor. Someone told me that 185mm was too much for my PACE, and 165mm rotors F&R would be suitable, and to do this I would need No.3 rear & No.5 front, is this correct, or is it a different combination :?:

It's correct and you have all the facts spot on.

Crantinope":35pdksxf said:
Cheers,

I have the No.3, so it looks like I need to source a No.5 from somewhere, am I reading it right that if I source just the outer (half) of a No.5 I can swap this directly with the No.3 and use a 165mm rotor on the front (am I able to use 160mm rotors with these)?

Cheers...Nick

You can use 160mm discs if you have the right pads. Some C2 pads have the friction material placed closer to the disc centre. Which ones, I can't remember, but it used to drive me mad!

160 discs are fine - it's only a difference of 2.5mm on each side.
A lot really depends what rotors you are running - some light weight ones have a very narrow braking surface, and some have a much wider one. Use a wide one an you'll be A-ok.

Might be able to help u out on the no 5 caliper halfs ? Got a couple I think spare I got in a bulk buy off eBay if that helps ?

I had a Stif built RC200 with RC31. I used 185mm up front and 160mm rear (No 3 calipers). It didn't seem to be an issue, especially as Stif did the build to my spec.

Back