700c wheelset

afkt

Dirt Disciple
Does anyone have a cheap n cheerful 700c wheelset for my girlfriend's bike? tyres would be a bonus,
thanks!

I have quite a few different sets of wheels so might be able to help.

What speed are you looking for?? shimano or campag??

Cheers
Craig

Thanks for the response, its shimano and its going on an old frame so 5/6/7 would be about right

Hi,

Found some wheels, have three pairs including a pair of tubulars.

1) Pair of Ma40's(clinchers) 32 holes on Campag hubs think Athena or Chorus. Screw on rear hub which says British 1370" x 24 pi BSC. These have Vittoria Competition 22mm Tyres, which are quite old but still have tread on them. The hubs run quite smooth and have Campag quick releases.

2) Pair of Open 4CD's again on 36 hole Campag hubs. These are screw on and say 1375 x 24 ISO. The hubs could do with a good clean and regrease and they have more surface wear on the rims than the ma40's.

3) Pair of GP4 tubular's on 36 hole Shimano 105 hubs. 7 speed shimano cassette on them.

Think the clinchers are from around 95ish then gp4s from 2000ish. I'm not sure why they have different writing on??? i'm sure they both had similar blocks on when i used them. I have never ran Campag, so they must be Shimano compatiable. I also have a Shimano 6 speed block, MF HG20 14-28.

Let me know if your interested in any of them and if you want any pictures.

Cheers
Craig

What is the spacing of the rear drop outs?
I've got some wheels that come with a 6 speed uniglide cassette (it's tarnished but unworn and spins nicely)
Also have some 28mm Michelin world tour tyres I can throw in, very useable but nothing to write home about.
£45 posted.
PM with an email and I'll rustle up some photos

A bit confused here from other link, are you in Australia?

I've some 'No name' 700s shallow V section, 32 spoke, solid axle, silver, 100mm/130mm, rear needs slight true. They're at my shop at the mo so can't send pics till tomorrow or Friday but you can have them for very cheap, including 8 spd block, rim tape and maybe tyres.

Without extra bits £25 + P&P

PM if you're interested.

thanks for the responses everyone, i've managed to sort something out locally so we're now sorted
JP

Back