1980 Breezer Type II serial #JB B0 3

Their are some rich Breezer fans out there. That really want this bike. Any guesses on the winning bid? 8000+

Would first flight cycles want this early bike?

tintin40":qhf558ja said:
Their are some rich Breezer fans out there. That really want this bike. Any guesses on the winning bid? 8000+

Would first flight cycles want this early bike?

There was a fully restored series 2 offered on eBay about two years ago priced at $25,000. it didn't sell in the auction but sold outside for an undisclosed sum. I think it ended up in Europe, but can't remember. I was offered a Series One late last year for a figure in that region. It will be offered on eBay next month I believe.

My guess is that with a Series One coming onto the open market soon, serious collectors will be keeping their powder dry, which might affect the sale price of this bike.

development_cycle":2c7eohgt said:
[
The only reason I say that it isn't for the taller gent is that the ad says it

"I'm 5'11" and the bike fits me well. It's probably not ideal for someone much over 6'2" -- the seatpost has only 1" more length to the max "

Since when was 5'11" not tall? Shit, I must be more of a short arse than I ever imagined! Next stop for me is apparently a pantomine or a diamond mine with 6 of my brethren!

Dr S":1hov2i9o said:
This isn't gospel though and I could be a few years out, but that's the way I see it based on what I have learnt over the years.
I think you're confusing the issue by intermixing discussion of when things first appeared on handmade bikes that numbered only in the dozens ("Series" Breezers and any Cunningham) and when those innovations appeared in mass-production.

halaburt":1v992vep said:
Dr S":1v992vep said:
This isn't gospel though and I could be a few years out, but that's the way I see it based on what I have learnt over the years.
I think you're confusing the issue by intermixing discussion of when things first applied on handmade bikes that numbered only in the dozens ("Series" Breezers and any Cunningham) and when those innovations appeared in mass-production.

Yes you are right for sure, but my original statement was meant, in a hamfisted way, to thank CC for giving the world bikes that are sized correctly for short arsed buggers like me. As usual my smallish brain has made a rubbish job of explaining my own twisted logic.

By the way, wasn't it the Koski brothers that first gave us long aluminium seatposts for our Schwinn Klunkers in the mid 1970's?

Dr S":28dvw4bv said:
Well niether really. This Breezer was built in 1980. Charlie started in around 79 but as we have seen last month his first few bikes were also gates. Yes he was experimenting with longer posts and shorter framesets around the same time. .

Have you seen Charlie's personal bike he built prior to 1980? His bikes were radically different from the bike "we have seen last month". I'm not trying to argue, I just want to give credit where credit is due. Back on topic, I agree that this is an amazing bike well worth whatever the buyer pays.

pete_mcc":27g99p52 said:
development_cycle":27g99p52 said:
[
The only reason I say that it isn't for the taller gent is that the ad says it

"I'm 5'11" and the bike fits me well. It's probably not ideal for someone much over 6'2" -- the seatpost has only 1" more length to the max "

Since when was 5'11" not tall? Shit, I must be more of a short arse than I ever imagined! Next stop for me is apparently a pantomine or a diamond mine with 6 of my brethren!

Hee hee, sorry I wasn't trying to be heightest in any way, never really gave much thought to what constitutes being "tall".

stanlee":pfbys6ue said:
Have you seen Charlie's personal bike he built prior to 1980? His bikes were radically different from the bike "we have seen last month". I'm not trying to argue, I just want to give credit where credit is due. Back on topic, I agree that this is an amazing bike well worth whatever the buyer pays.

Yeah cool, no worries here. I agree. CC deserves so much credit.

The bike you mention, his personal 70's built bike, is that the really kooky looking thing with what looks like a 650b front wheel, a 20" rear and drops? I recall seeing photo of it surrounded by a group of Suntour managers taken sometime around 1981. Its a mad looking thing but yes it has a small sloping tube frame and long seatpost.

Si

Dr S":362p3ngk said:
The bike you mention, his personal 70's built bike, is that the really kooky looking thing with what looks like a 650b front wheel, a 20" rear and drops? I recall seeing photo of it surrounded by a group of Suntour managers taken sometime around 1981. Its a mad looking thing but yes it has a small sloping tube frame and long seatpost.

I'm not sure what the date is on that one but the bike I'm referring to is the one that he started in 78 and completed in 79 which is now at the MTBHoF.

2243066293_4b8036dc91_z.jpg

Back