1997 Santa Cruz Heckler: Updated Page 16

Did anyone say that SC do / did a frame / Swingarm replacement scheme

I spoke to them about a post 02 rear end for my Bullitt but at £250 I decided it was a tad too steep for me....

boxxer":19vunrfk said:
Did anyone say that SC do / did a frame / Swingarm replacement scheme

I spoke to them about a post 02 rear end for my Bullitt but at £250 I decided it was a tad too steep for me....

As much as that sounds like a great idae and £40 for an original or £250 for an aftermarket part is a very hard desicion ;) I think I would hold out for an original one every time. One is bound to turn up if you look hard enough.

Update

Heckler no2... this arrived yesterday, after paying £40 plus post and packing for it. as mentioned above its severely cracked around the seat tube, but the swingarm is in very good shape. it has a few scrapes and scratches its not as good condition as the old one but with some sand papers, polish and elbow grease it should come close :D

all in all i think this was a lucky find, especially with the pre 1997 dropouts (which i prefer)

now im off to dismantle it, comments welcome

cheers :D

Attachments

• DSCF6249.JPG
    DSCF6249.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,057
From ebay! Was watching that. Nice find.

Your original build looks ace so this should be a nice addition if your brakes bosses are better on this one.

What size is that shock by the way?

coomber":1se3tac6 said:
From ebay! Was watching that. Nice find.

Your original build looks ace so this should be a nice addition if your brakes bosses are better on this one.

What size is that shock by the way?

i thought id snap it up pretty sharpish, was the frame of any use to you or is it just the shock you were after? i make it 200mm eye to eye length.

yeah its gonna take a lot of work to get it up to the standard of my heckler as its in mint condition (almost) and the new swing arm does have some battle scars but ive got it detatched from the frame and have been working on it all morning.... its allready coming along nicely :D

sean

I'm after a cheap 200mm eye to eye 55/60mm stroke rear shock for an old marin full susser I have, thought this would be a cheap way to get it. If you are interested in selling it I may be keen.

Cant imagine the front triangle being of much use but if you cobbled together that and the rear frame Im sure someone in ebay world would make a bid on it and recoup some of your investment in the rear swingarm.

coomber":1rrmpnlo said:
I'm after a cheap 200mm eye to eye 55/60mm stroke rear shock for an old marin full susser I have, thought this would be a cheap way to get it. If you are interested in selling it I may be keen.

Cant imagine the front triangle being of much use but if you cobbled together that and the rear frame Im sure someone in ebay world would make a bid on it and recoup some of your investment in the rear swingarm.

pm me i would be interested in selling it to you... obviously i cant vouch for its working condition but it is tidy and does seem to be holding air.... as for the frame i'll probably take the front tri down to scrap. no one will be needing it now and it'll only cost more to post.... i reckon i'll keep the rear SA and hang it up in the garage so i dont lose the spare bushings/bearings etc, unless i see someone else is needing it on here :cool:

sean

Back