2003 giant xtc team

steve wallace

Devout Dirtbag
ive just finished building my latest bike
the frame was a bargain e bay buy,the paint is in excellent condition with all its original stickers and a rock shox sid race.
i then bought a set of pace rc40 forks from e bay yet again very cheap.
followed by a set of bontager rhythm wheels/hubs/tyres at more bargain prices
i fitted a truvativ isoflow crank and bottom bracket
a part carbon fsa stem and carbon fsa bars
a easton seat post
full sram x 7 gear set
aguira hydraulic brakes
and a big comfy halfrauds seat(im getting old)
i finished it yesterday and we went out tonight and christened it with dave and dave

3d339025.jpg

3c7a6bac.jpg

b033fbf7.jpg

a9d87b5a.jpg

ebe5a0c3.jpg

8c7f953c.jpg

ive done a few upgrades
superstar 203mm discs front and rear
superstar titanium and carbon sqewers
changed to shimano xt mechs from sram

1c019ed2.jpg

e1a72a41.jpg

947ab9eb.jpg

34a5742b.jpg

41f045c8.jpg

20633b34.jpg

In my opinion, one of the best short travel frames of its time (and still today!).

Seeing your build brings back memories of mine. I had one in exactly the same size with nice big discs with the exact same forks! Once you've got that rear shock set up properly, it's amazing. No pedal bob/feedback just like a hardtail, but then as soon as you hit the slightest bump it's as plush as you like!

Lovely :cool: :cool:

Barneyballbags":dg3pnrp1 said:
In my opinion, one of the best short travel frames of its time (and still today!).

Seeing your build brings back memories of mine. I had one in exactly the same size with nice big discs with the exact same forks! Once you've got that rear shock set up properly, it's amazing. No pedal bob/feedback just like a hardtail, but then as soon as you hit the slightest bump it's as plush as you like!

Lovely :cool: :cool:

Cheers mate, I did a lot of research as that is just what I wanted from a full sus.
I keep looking at newer frames but nothing gets the sort of reviews this does. So I won't be getting rid any time soon :)

Back