Orange C16R or P7 What is the True Identity of this Beast???

Now i am swaying to towards it being a 94 P7!!!!!!

Why are things never simple???

moffyr72":23mt61r5 said:
Email the serial to Orange, see what they come back with.. point them to this thread too!

All over it like a Tramp on Chips :) email winging its way to Orange HQ

Jussa :)

My C16 has the orange "cromo 8" sticker on it too.
I bet its a resprayed C16??
I guess whatever you've got its a nice bike!!

sisyphus":27i78ek3 said:
My C16 has the orange cromo 8 sticker on it too.
I guess whatever you've got its a nice bike!!

Interesting, well Orange did get back to confirm it was one of the first C16R a June 1994 manufactured frame then assembled and sold in 1995, I'm guessing the early ones maybe did have Series 8 tubing then moving to series 7.2 ? But I'm well happy with it :) could you post a pic of yours?

Great bike - mine has been round the world with no problems and spent years going up and down the South Downs.
Will try to post a picture.

Nb. rack bosses on the wishbone seatstay implies C16r, as the P7 at the time didn't have them (see photo in 1994 catalogue).

ibob":2qainugy said:
Nb. rack bosses on the wishbone seatstay implies C16r, as the P7 at the time didn't have them (see photo in 1994 catalogue).

Yeah i did look at the PDF catalogues, the Gold is/was a colour available as can be seen on some of the shots within the catalogues although not in the capacity as the silver, green & black framed bikes, but the series 8 and series 7.2 tubing is still a mystery?? Orange did confirm it was C16R made in June 94 and probably sold as a bike end or 94/95. Either way i am happy and already its started it transformation and restoration :)

Back