British Eagle Pro-Carbon

Finally finished putting everything back together again this weekend. Tuning and adjusting of gears and brakes done and the bike is finished. Took it for a spin this morning and it feels great, very responsive, much tighter and more nimble than it was before - I'm sure its just because of me tightening and greasing everything more than ever before!!

Im really happy with it, ended up ordering the decals from a printers in Farringdon near where I work, but they couldn't do them, so I am still on the hunt for them. Otherwise its all finished!!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 847
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 847
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 846
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 846

Nearly there...that sadlle needs to go back a tad and the bottom part of the bars needs to be horizontal to the groung.

De riguer pour le tour cyclist!

Bit harsh on the bar front IMHO :)

It's not always possible to get the lower part of the bars horizontal to the ground as it depends on the make of bar.

In a perfect world the top part of the bar would mirror the angle of the stem and the lower part be parallel with the ground.... Road stems were always a little less angled than track stems so from a cosmetic point of view the road set usually had the bars angled to the road surface....

When I built bikes in the 70's I would usually follow the angle of the stem as if I didn't it looked like the bars were hanging off the stem downward rather than a projection of the stem....

Does that make sense ??

Shaun

Lovely bike, I've got a BE catalogue but it must be after the date of this as it doesn't appear in there.

Fit the bars as YOU find them comfortable - within reason though. They look OK to me, having them parallel to the ground may give you sore/cramped hands - and it still looks wrong. Mind you, didn't bother Sean Yates much, he rode with them with the grips pointing up a bit :shock:

Old Ned":20rc11z1 said:
Lovely bike, I've got a BE catalogue but it must be after the date of this as it doesn't appear in there.

Fit the bars as YOU find them comfortable - within reason though. They look OK to me, having them parallel to the ground may give you sore/cramped hands - and it still looks wrong. Mind you, didn't bother Sean Yates much, he rode with them with the grips pointing up a bit :shock:

True, but he had all sorts of weird elements in his position to compensate for (I believe) his twisted body (no offence to Mr. Yates).

I think having the bottom of the 'bars parallel to the ground doesn't look quite right, I like a slight tilt myself.

Mark.

Thanks for the comments.

I'm planning on going out on Saturday so will be able to gauge what feels comfortable after a bit of a ride, so we shall see!

I missed the post clean up pictures. Lovely looking bike - I really like the graphics, and I'm so chuffed you kept it badged as a British Eagle. It is the anti-Specialized Allez - you can be sure you'll never see wnother one.

How are you getting on with it? :D

Back