South West Retro Ride - Sunday 8th January - Woodbury C'mon!

Woodbury010.jpg

Woodbury011.jpg

Woodbury012.jpg

Woodbury013.jpg

Woodbury014.jpg

Woodbury016.jpg

Woodbury021.jpg

Woodbury022.jpg

Woodbury015.jpg

Great ride again lads, Woodbury is a great place and it was good to go back there after so many years (15+)... especially on a retrobike.

I normally track the route on my phone and then upload it to google maps, however today I forgot to start it... don't worry though... here is my estimated route - > ;)

See you all at the next one!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 707
Great ride, really enjoyed it. What a brilliant venue - beats a trail centre any day. At least the grief all came near the end (Phil's puncture, Kev's endo.)
Looking fwd to next time already.

A few pictures from Sundays ride....

Attachments

• DSCF6129 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF6129 (Medium).JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 681
  • DSCF6123 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF6123 (Medium).JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 681
  • DSCF6120 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF6120 (Medium).JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 681
Not shown in last pic..............the dent that Kev left in the ground when trying to jump off said tunnel.

Hope he's ok - his shoulder and hand looked quite sore :?

Yep it looked very nasty & comical at the same time... hope he's not too badly injured! The swollen knuckle looked painful...

Totti - Yep, that looks like the route we did! :LOL:

Thanks Ajantom for organising the route, again.

Well done to the newbies, Kula Andy (A*) and Jon (GT). Hope this hasn't put you off. Kula, we'll go for Haldon for Febs ride then - Sunday 5th February - Haldon, Exeter 1000am for 1030ish start. I'll pm everyone soon with a linky. Also a "retrobike rider*" banner will be added to your profile kula and mattbrown. :cool:

Hirameuser - another strong ride! :D Have fun skiing next month but hopefully will see ya on the 5th's ride.

...and a big well done to everyone that made it to the correct carpark for the start of the ride!!! :roll:

Then may be the March ride could be starting at Hound Tor on Dartmoor. And looking at Plymouth, Minehead, and Dorset coast for April to June. Details to follow soon...

:D

Kev's ok

Says he's a bit sore but lives to ride again. Glad I didn't attempt that on my UGLI forks. I was leading the "lost" group back to the car park so we missed that section. At least we got to ride up the big hill which was the finish point on the c. 1990/91 race course.

oh no not the 5th of Feb, am due to be elsewhere that weekend :cry:
Used to ride all over Woodbury 20+ years back so some of the trail was familiar, but my fitness and fearlessness of 20 years back deserted me!

Was cool to meet up with the SW retrobikers that could make it and see those old rigs after being on the forum for a couple of years (mainly the road secion though).

Look forward to the next one that I can make, be great if the Haldon event could be moved to a week later though ;)

Thanks for the banner update, the time mine appeared as Geoff Capes made me think there was a virus on the site!

Back