1st series Merlin Newsboy

Have to agree there Jez !!!

The Trimble gives me serious cotton mouth !! The dead opposite of drooling !!

Different horses for Different courses !!

jez-2-many-bikes":2gsvvh6h said:
It is quite beautiful the more you look at it though.

Just doesnt do as much for me as say a conventional Merlin.

Again - its the blonde brunette thing I guess.

Most people would probbaly hate the Trimble I guess for being super ugly and unconventional...

..especially the dodgy paintworks...:)

yup, the large frame isn't as sleek looking as the medium but after a while i found quiet a few aspects i really like which the medium frame does not have - beside the fact that i could ride the large one if i would want. Think i need a medium too though... No, i have not ridden it and will not, it is unridden and shall remain in that condition.

I agree, a conventional Merlin is a must, everyone should have one ;) That's mine, 1988, frame no. 213 :D

Merlin213_01.jpg

But i also love that one, a bit less conventional

MerlinEstay_01.jpg

dumdidum, enough show-off :roll:

Merlins_4.jpg

Someones got too many expensive toys !! ! ! ! ! !

Ha ha .. Aint it just great ! Hope your gal is as understanding as mine !!

delboy009":14mkdmkx said:
Someones got too many expensive toys !! ! ! ! ! !

Ha ha .. Aint it just great ! Hope your gal is as understanding as mine !!

yes, she is. has two kleins herself... speaking of kleins. no, that's a separate thread...

Carsten

jez-2-many-bikes":1iscdt6r said:
Any girls who I show my er...mini personal bike shop to are instantly put off and call me wierd.

:(

when i visited my later wife for the first time she had her pink Moser race bike standing in the living room. she said it would be too nice to store it in the basement. i knew i met the right one ;)

Carsten

Ha ha.. You know your on to a winner when the wife actually likes the bike in the house! I would'nt get away with it if Kleins weren't so preatty and pink !! Yeah speaking of Kleins Carsten !!!! Got any pics of any you have or have had ??

Taliking to a guy in a local bike shop about his Klein the other day. 1999 Attitude! Didnt have the heart to tell him it was Trekky poo !! He adored it!

delboy009":2ur8bcg7 said:
Ha ha.. You know your on to a winner when the wife actually likes the bike in the house! I would'nt get away with it if Kleins weren't so preatty and pink !! Yeah speaking of Kleins Carsten !!!! Got any pics of any you have or have had ??

there's a gallery of my collection

http://fotos.mtb-news.de/fotos/showgall ... puser=1010

click on the gallery thumb to get to the pics.

the oldest one is the 1985 MountainKlein, the Klein MTB it all started with. it is in very clean almost unused original condition, love it.
and it ends with the 97 Mantra Pro, love it or hate it...
beside those i have three Klein riders (a 97 Quantum Race, a 96 Pulse 2 and a 96 burgundyblue Quantum Pro singlespeed). my wife rides a 96 bbl Quantum Pro and a 97 Pulse and my two older daughters a XS Painted Desert Rascal (a 89 Top Gun that was repainted in 94) and a XS 95 Fervor.

too many bikes?

Carsten

Carsten,
Are all of those night storm Kleins yours? I have never seen a Quantum Pro in that color? The Pulse is absolutely sick! There is a guy in my town that might part with a 96 Attitude in NS. Hope it is my size!

Back