1999 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR XC Comp

I'll try and do a couple of sketches to show you what had been done. It was essentially welding on a web to reinforce the chainstay to pivot weld.

instant boner. love these fsr and yet to get a frameset, just a bit unsure on the sizing. usually ride 18" on double diamond style frames and seen a few fsr in Large around, any idea of the fit? sorry, will do some more digging when time permits, was just wondering what you went for.

anyhow, bloody nice work, all thumbs up!

Not quite baby blue, it is called Regatta Blue!!

It is an 18 inch frame I think and I'm 6ft, possibly is a bit small for some but for me it works fine.

trickylad":cqr4n4vs said:
small but important - those schwalbe's with the white stripe look sweet. could you post some pics of the frame repair you did?

This is a quick sketch of the repair scheme that was undertaken.

Speshrepair.jpg

The crack itself had grown down the lightening hole and the web was put in place for strengthening, also within the space where the wheel goes between the two chainstays some webbing was put in between the chainstay and the crossbrace leaving enough space for tyre clearance. Note on the drawing the dotted line, this was where i had to file back to to create clearance for the front derailleur when the suspension was compressed and the derailleur was on the smallest ring. The plate material used was about 5mm thick.

Hope this helps, I'll have to try and take some pics of the actual chainstay when I get a chance.

looks good- what about powdercoating with aluminium frame? I read that it gets up to temperatures that can weaken the frame..

Thats sweet , good job :D
what do you think of the cable discs ? i have never tried them .
cheers Paul

Olzster, thanks for the comments, as far as I knew Orange tend to powdercoat their frames now so I'm hoping that as it's good enough for them, then it'll be fine for me.

Shinobi, again thanks for the comments. The mech disc seem to work fine, better than my rims had worked anyhow. I went for the BB7's as they are adjustable on inner and outer pad. I was also limited as my xtr levers are combined and I didn't want to go to further expense!!

That looks pretty sweet mate, I recently finished a custom stumpy 01 for my lucky wife ;)

Attachments

• stp.jpg
    stp.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 2,096
  • st1.jpg
    st1.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 2,096
Back