1992 Alan cyclocross (pic heavy)

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
My New steed in the stable with stern advice from the Big Gun from Bandit country :cool:

Its a 1992 Alan Cyclocross with Campag Groupset

Serial numbers 52x53 OL (what does OL stand for?)

Number stamped on downtube 992 which I believe means sept 1992 built

I could find little serial numbers on the groupset its 8 speed if anyone can Id would be most grateful?

I have no real plans other than too ride it!! Will be changing the tape/saddle to black prob flite or Turbo.

Also will be needing another set of wheels as running tubs at the moment with the rear having a slight crack so with advice (thanks Mel) will run road tubs and cross clincher.

Couldnt find much on the net regarding these bikes so feel free to ad anything you know about them!!

Cheers

daj
DSC_0878.jpg

DSC_0877.jpg

DSC_0876.jpg

DSC_0874.jpg

DSC_0875.jpg

DSC_0873.jpg

DSC_0872.jpg

DSC_0871.jpg

DSC_0870.jpg

DSC_0867.jpg

DSC_0866.jpg

DSC_0865.jpg

DSC_0864.jpg

DSC_0863.jpg

DSC_0866.jpg

L11103672.jpg

Not really looked at cross stuff before but have to say I like the look of it. Really nice bike - couldn't quite say why but there's just something about it that appeals. :) Good stuff. :)

I think that frame is lovely. The lug work, the decals, the forks, make such a nice package. Hope you enjoy it :D

S'nice that Dave.

I've been reading a book about cyclocross from 1990 and there are some great pics of Steve Douce on his Alan. Reading it made me want one but you've gone beat me to it.

I'll have to make do with a 'Dave Baker' build Peugeot instead now.

Back