97 gashkar*now not so gash ;)*

little up date cos i'm having a lazy sunday :LOL:

scraped most of the paint off but got bored so left as is, in the spirit of the build.

now running twingle speed with a sweet rohloff tensioner, as used as a commuter and ss off road flyer.

didin't get on with stem and bar combo so fitted sweet fly stem and some dmr alloy wing bars in red.

ergo grips too which have really increased comfort too.

its a nice change to ride a bike of this quality but not care if it gets marked and bashed about :D

006-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

I've got a fly stem and toying with whacking that on mine. You've convinced me I think. Looks great.

yep :D

even more gashy as has gone geared. 8 speed cassette, 9 speed rear mech and 6 speed thumbies run on friction mode. oh and they are mounted upside down on dodgy clamps as they are exage ones that are usually attached to the brake levers.

getting a proper gt steel fork soon and will be fitting the rack on the front!

oh and some non matching wheels with slick tyres.

the bike is used every day for work so looks are secondary to function

ok so this rode so well i thought i'd give it the make over it deserved.....

not 100% sure on the wheels...

in fact i would go as far as to say i'm 50/50 love/hate them. got some silver rims on 737 hubs coming soon which should suit much better.

gearing is nos 569 ring and 737/7 mechs and xt thumbies. brakes are more modern as on the look out for some xt v's in my price range. i.e free atm :D

oh and after a red cornered wtb saddle too.

weighs in at 24.5lbs with the heavy assed velocity wheels so should come in sub 24 with the new hoops :D

011.jpg

009-1.jpg

013.jpg

Back