Just added to the collection ! (Proflex inside)

DeltaV_Mike

Dirt Disciple
You Guy's have a lot to answer for Before I found RetroBike I thought my old Girl was nothing more than a expensive old MTB, a memory, a nice old dream. But now I've found you lot ! :twisted: The Dale was put back on the road, I have even got a new job which I've put the Technium back on the road to ride to. And I spend a lot of time trawling Ebay looking for bargains.
And I got one ! I've always loved the Engineering of a Bike and a interesting Bike always interests. And I've always liked the Proflex's.
I found one, poorly listed, and quite local, I put a bid on and won last night.
Me and my little boy went and picked it up this morning to add to my collection. I hope you like it......look what you've turned me into !!!!
Apart from the obvious suspension issues everything works and its been locked up in the guys lockup for years due to him not being able to ride it due to a elbow replacement. I paid £53 for her.
2012-01-08112955.jpg

2012-01-08113005.jpg

2012-01-08113013.jpg

2012-01-08113026.jpg

She'll join my other Girl's :cool:
CIMG3736.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i think he went to through a similar process as mine's in terms of cranks and bought those horrible shimano m440. I sandpapered them till bare aluminium but the end result turned out not that great, so i bought an xt. Ill leave them to my next project.
Well!! Great bike you have there, that blue is awesome! btw, is that the result of a destroyed elastometer ?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Smashing find chap,and an even more smashing price :D I love girvin forks,just so brutal looking :cool:
Yeah,shame about the elastomers,but still with the saving made on purchase replacing them with an air shock or something is a little more economical on the bank balance.

Well after fitting some landrover bushes and a coil spring to the back she's ride-able now. It's going to be a bit of a Queen for a while until I decide on a more permanent suspension solution.
Total outlay so far £56.94 :p
2012-01-14161354.jpg

2012-01-14133943.jpg

Back