how to measure what size ISIS BB for Turbines

porschenut911

Retro Guru
I have a pair of Race Face Turbines I bought about 10 years ago, they are 9spd compact drive with ISIS BB. I haven't used them in years and no longer have an ISIS BB, however I want to fit them to my girlfriends reasoanbly modern Diamond back which is currently fitted with Truvativ square taper cranks which weigh a ton.

How do I go about sussing out what axle length BB I need?

Thanks!

Probably not much help at all but i normally just try a couple different ones as i (and many on here) generally have a few square taper bb's lying around. I bet the same cant be said for isis though.

I normally go for 113 as a start point. Be interested to know if there is a rule for this though.

Thanks for the advice. I bought them years ago from the local bike shop and they supplied suitable bb which is long gone now. I'll order one up and continue pimping her bike - It is a basic Diamond Back alloy frame with all my old bits - Pace RC31 forks, Bontrager bars, hydraulic discs, Hope/Mavic717 wheels, Deore groupset and now Race Face Turbines. Not that she'd notice any difference she still hasn't worked out how to change gear effectivly!

Back