93 OCLV weightweenie Project *Latest weigh-in pg. 22*

ameybrook":tuuvj0rw said:
stem.jpg

I believed you allready Mike, but thanks for the picture anyway!

Few other bits:

Air Bs:
SAM_0062.jpg

SAM_0064.jpg

Ritchey WCS grips, which came in a little heavier than I was expecting! :(
SAM_0065.jpg

SAM_0067.jpg

With Plugs:
SAM_0068.jpg

Been having a think, and I'm going on the look out for some more period correct rims. So, Anyone have suggestions for lightweight early/mid 90s rims? I've some silver 231s that i could use, but I'm thinking 230s, or Ateks?

for period correct can't get much lighter than Atek 390 gram.

Your inner tubes are on the heavy side.

tintin40":12l7uhu4 said:

I wasn't aware of anything lighter in the Mid 90s? Any suggestions? I'm aware of modern light tubes, but want to stay period.

:cry:

My_Teenage_Self":1ttriufw said:
tintin40":1ttriufw said:

I wasn't aware of anything lighter in the Mid 90s? Any suggestions? I'm aware of modern light tubes, but want to stay period.

:cry:

Perhaps a slimmer Air B?

Package arrived today :D

SAM_0083.jpg

The MRC D cells off Kingaroons 'Billy.

Loverly :twisted:

SAM_0081.jpg

SAM_0082.jpg

I'll just wait for someone to tell me that there are lighter brakes available :LOL: :LOL:

One opinion I would like to hear though - The trek came with a linkage arrangement for the cantis at the rear. Do I use this, of try to fit some kind of 'normal' canti hanger?

Cool build, when I think of OCLV hardtails I think of them in this ruby Red colour. I think I recall MBi mag testing a 9800, in 94 perhaps?

Thanks Buddy. Kind words.

A little update:

I said earlier that the brakes should come in under 350g.

SAM_0082.jpg

SAM_0090.jpg

:D

Pleased with this too:

SAM_0088.jpg

I found a nice Hope Ti BB, but the axle is too narrow, so I'm on the lookout for a 127/73 BB .

And these, uncut 58cm:

SAM_0091.jpg

Might be a while before any more updates though, lots on at work, so no time to fettle.

Back