RIDES FOR 2012?

We've got a good schedule of stuff this year- so thanks for all the chaps for organising it- more on our calendar than the NW Area I think ;) .
But any idea what the starting point and format for our National Event is in July? It clashes with the Barbon Hill Climb, so I'm needing to decide now whether to Retrobike or marshall at Barbon.

Rich Aitch":2sy7w798 said:
We've got a good schedule of stuff this year- so thanks for all the chaps for organising it- more on our calendar than the NW Area I think ;) .
But any idea what the starting point and format for our National Event is in July? It clashes with the Barbon Hill Climb, so I'm needing to decide now whether to Retrobike or marshall at Barbon.

Hi Rich

Theres two possible start points so not sure yet, as for format... start at pub, ride to pub, ride back to pub winner :D

Are you coming to the Ravenscar ride ?

rides 2012

i managed to get out today despite the rubbish weather. floods all over the shop. i have had me reading glasses on recently and 'mentally' knocked up a ride.

i was pleasantly suprised today as i did a last-minute decision-recce on it and, found it rideable,,more or less ;) and takes in some interesting stuff.

rest areas, pub grub, parking, all sorted.

mileage- 12.

terrain- bridals, old railway routes, some tarmac(quiet roads) and, overall easy, flat easy going stuff in pleasant environment.

i will disclose more soon.

DSCF0223-1.jpg

Rich Aitch":33sz32yb said:

This years National is going to be a cracker. Vern, Myself and Gil were going over the route last month and the biggest problem is going to be getting the ride under 30 miles- there is just so much classic singletrack in that area. If the weather is kind I can guarantee that the Yorkshire round of the National Series is going to be the highpoint of the year!

We had a little bimble from Rosedale today 21miles :shock: tryed some new (to me) singletrack in the area.

Meet Fat Betty
Picture011.jpg

Shoe Shine
Picture034.jpg

Good ride out and the weather Gods were kind to us, hope everyone made the most of the weekend :cool:

kaya":3h96j3l0 said:
Rich Aitch":3h96j3l0 said:

Hi Rich

Theres two possible start points so not sure yet, as for format... start at pub, ride to pub, ride back to pub winner :D

Nah, being a sought-after Socialite it clashes with our Friends Meeting House after New-Year Christmas Party thing. But I might be on the Rivington ride on the 21st.

Rich Aitch":1b1rnz5q said:
kaya":1b1rnz5q said:
Rich Aitch":1b1rnz5q said:

Hi Rich

Nah, being a sought-after Socialite it clashes with our Friends Meeting House after New-Year Christmas Party thing. But I might be on the Rivington ride on the 21st.

Ho to be a social butterfly ;) hope to see you soon mate.

Whats Fat Betty then Vern?

Tried to make the most of the weekend had a short ride on my own Saturday morning and had a nice ride out with Ben this morning a good warm up for next Saturday which I am really looking forward to.

chrisv40":3qvdqqdf said:
Whats Fat Betty then Vern?

Tried to make the most of the weekend had a short ride on my own Saturday morning and had a nice ride out with Ben this morning a good warm up for next Saturday which I am really looking forward to.

Fat Betty is the stone my kona is leaning against, Ive had a certain Thin Lizzy tune in my head ALL DAY :LOL:

Back