92 GT Bravado nearly finished (P4).

nice job, I love rasta jobs. It did look awesome in the original yellow though.

dude, youve got to get rasta coded decals sorted..

KeepItSteel":3sil1sru said:
dude, youve got to get rasta coded decals sorted..

May be taking things a wee bit far when i'm going to be wearing this while riding it :)

RASTA.jpg

Got the drivetrain built up yesterday, had to straighten the alloy mech hanger but seems to be working ok, bike will be a 100% rider so it's insulating tape for the chainstay, never got on with those Velcro protectors.

12-23 road cassette, short cage mech, 22-34-44 rings, KMC chain, Odessey shark bite pedals.

SAM_0349.jpg

Managed to salvage this sticker when i stripped the frame, anyone know the best stuff to use to stick it back on ?, may actually keep it off for now though until i see how long i can live with the Rasta paintjob.

SAM_0350.jpg

Got the cables to go on, was hoping the lime green would pass for yellow but it's going to be lime green, at lest the bike will be colourfull :LOL:

Also got some yellow donuts for the gear cable (the length that runs down the seattube to the rear mech, the only bit that's exposed).

SAM_0351.jpg

Just waiting on new stickers for the top tube, these will go on, will laquer over them, then i can fit the cables etc.

The headset turned out to have a high stack height but it's a realy nice roller bearing job so wanted to keep it but it left no room for a cable hanger, Velomaniac suggested using a Tektro power hanger so i've ordered one of those.

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tektro-tektr ... prod14032/

Anyone any experience of these ?

All going well the next pics of the bike will be outside ones with it completely done :)

I have the power hangers on a couple of my bikes (well, three so far actually...) and I really rate them; saves faffing around with ugly, unsuitable standard hangers and improves the braking no end.

Use the 'dale instructions to set them up...

http://www.vintagecannondale.com/cannon ... ctions.pdf

...and they'll work even better (obviously slightly different design but the individual spring tension is the important bit...) :cool:

Nice bike BTW; nice variation on a theme I'm not that struck by either but this is probably as good as it gets ;)

We_are_Stevo":1lkb0lbu said:
Now, to me, it doesn't look quite right with the red saddle??

Yellow would be better... :cool:

+1 yellow would indeed be better

really like the build though well done and the best thing its all your own work

Back