GT RTS-1 1993

6001 Frame
Cro-moly rear triangle (chromed)
Nolean shock
Manitou 3 fork
Xt 732 head/set
Syncros 140/0 cattle prod
Syncros seat post
Ringle s/p qr (not proud of it, but it works)
Flite ti saddle
Titanium bars
Onza bar ends
Un71 b/b
Topline crank
Venon/shimano rings
Xt 732 f/m
Xt 735 r/m
Xt 11/30 737 cassette
Xt 737 r/f gears units
Xt 737 brake levers
Xt 737 V brakes
Xtr cables
One off (cnc) brake boosters
Fir impes 192 rims
Hope ti huds
Tioga psycho k tires
GT ti qr skewers

Test rode bike-tech demo and purchased a frame.

Remember purple violet was the colour until, maybe 96/97 and I to this day love it and still hate the boring blue, which pushed it off its throne in the day.

Built the frame up from new in 93 with above, used 732/735 gear and dia-comp brakes and yes the triangle was originally black. Mate had a team in 94 and I wanted a shiny rear end too.
Liked the simple/easy set up of the Manitous, so I went for 2s and later upgraded to 3s (easier all round set-up/service).
97 went to 8 speed with 737 and V brakes, also dx platform spd.

Always been a rider not a queen. Hasn’t got the feel of a Zaskar, but it’s a better all-rounder. With the Andreas and better font ends it gets less use now. Tyres used for photos only as getting harder to find with tan wall now.

Attachments

• IMG_8358.JPG
    IMG_8358.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,307
  • IMG_8355.JPG
    IMG_8355.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 1,307
  • IMG_8359.JPG
    IMG_8359.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,307
  • IMG_8354.JPG
    IMG_8354.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 1,307
very very nice :cool:
hope mine ends up somewhere near as nice!!
still getting/waiting for the postman to deliver parts for mine have everything apart from the cantis.

always loved these bikes have you still got the 4130 original rear end?

or is that the original one repainted?

we clearly have a different interpretation of garage queen! That's an absolutely loverly build - I'd quibble the brakes and pedals, but that would be like turning down Kate Winslet cos she was looking a bit "soft edged"...

mtbdave":2h8f37of said:
very very nice :cool:
hope mine ends up somewhere near as nice!!
still getting/waiting for the postman to deliver parts for mine have everything apart from the cantis.

always loved these bikes have you still got the 4130 original rear end?

or is that the original one repainted?

Back-end was originally black, mate bought a team in 95 and I like the shiny. So got it stripped and chromed, don’t regret it to this day as I still think it looks far nicer :cool: .

Like the chrome rear, very nice. I'm working on one of these myself right now. My rear-end is in for media blasting and a fresh coat of black Imron can't wait to get it back to complete the build.

Back