Zinn Z-753. (Ride pics added)

Re: zinn

matthew71":2cb43o7t said:
thought it was illegal to ride a bike off the month :LOL: .it still looks superb.and get some new socks you skanky git :LOL:

No mate, this retro obsession could only have one ending after a 21 year wait......to ride it like i stole it.. :cool:

Attachments

• 121a.JPG
    121a.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,315
peetee":zpamf5r7 said:
I dont think either Zinn or LLoyd have a chance

Is there no justice in the world! :roll:

Not if you speak to Dave Lloyd theres not, bloody shame too....because believe me when i say, all our english frame builders are and were CRAFTS men. and all there work at any pricepoint, its faultless.

They put there heart and soul into it, and sometimes the might of big advertising budgets and great levels of heavy publicity and volume production can all lead to market dominance......, and totally overshadow a quality craftsmen trying to make his mark.

RULE BRITANNIA.....

Attachments

• FLYING.JPG
    FLYING.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,296
CRAFTS men. and all there work at any pricepoint, its faultless.

You don't have to convince me. I have always bought Brit when buying new. Several frames were hand made, some custom and despite having identical tubing to stock bikes the difference in the way they ride has been obvious every time.

ratcapa":3981mnwo said:
I dont think either Zinn or LLoyd have a chance.

I will point blank disagree with you on this until I am blue in the face so there. I'm not saying one of them will win but it will be damned close and they are both in with a very good chance IMHO. And like many others I keep coming back top this thread, Its just amazing. ;)

I think the problem may be that they both take votes from each other!
I much prefer the Zinn as a bike, but would vote for the Lloyd out of the two as the restoration was so amazing.
It's fantastic to see them both being ridden. That's what they're for after all :D

makster":2o577l14 said:
ratcapa":2o577l14 said:
I dont think either Zinn or LLoyd have a chance.

I will point blank disagree with you on this until I am blue in the face so there. I'm not saying one of them will win but it will be damned close and they are both in with a very good chance IMHO. And like many others I keep coming back top this thread, Its just amazing. ;)

I think the problem may be that they both take votes from each other!
I much prefer the Zinn as a bike, but would vote for the Lloyd out of the two as the restoration was so amazing.
It's fantastic to see them both being ridden. That's what they're for after all :D

Completely agree with you on that but it works both ways. One outsatanding Yeti could easily take it but there's 3 this time so the votes will be diluted there too not to mention the quality of pre 90's bike's ;) . The only thing we're seperated on is I would always vote for the bike first over any other factor, and thats not taking anything away from the restoration of the Lloyd or any other bike on here. Credit where credit is due but for me thats what the build thread is for. BOTM/Y is which one I most want to own/ride/look at/steal/kiss.. ok maybe too much info ;)

Silverfish":3lkce2c9 said:
Interested to see what this bike looked like when you first got it Sinnerman. The finished article is amazing.

To be fair D, it didnt need too much, certainly didnt need any paintwork, (which makes a change...lol) the original buyer pulled out which was very lucky for me, as i could have done sod all about it... i was riding in california when it came up and when the auction had ended.

A nice trip to Bath to collect, then got it back total strip down, degreased and everything polished by hand, new bearings cables etc, nut and bolt rebuild, then ready to ride....!!!

To be fair its all thanks to Retrobike, if not for this site i would have missed it.....

The work that went into the 3rd place in BOTY took at lot more work...,

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... dave+lloyd

Wow, Your bikes and builds are there history are quality, when I saw bike of the month I didnt really get it, but after this thread I do now the bike the story just deserve it your threads teach me more about retrobikes than I could ever have dreamed of. Exellent :cool:
PS could you please link me to more pics of your Cindercone?
Thanks Daz

I used to drink tea and go riding/racing National series with Isla Rowntree and Andy, the frame builder BITD, remember talking about their concept ideas,and the Zinn project, she was about 3ft smaller than him...nice couple though

:LOL:

Bpool77":6m3k7bd5 said:
Wow, Your bikes and builds are there history are quality, when I saw bike of the month I didnt really get it, but after this thread I do now the bike the story just deserve it your threads teach me more about retrobikes than I could ever have dreamed of. Exellent :cool:
PS could you please link me to more pics of your Cindercone?
Thanks Daz

:oops:....,

sorry Daz ment to reply to pm, sorry...

this is the best link i have for the TBG explosif and cindercone..., there are some in the photobucket i think.., not perfect by any means but i hope it can be of use... :?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... e+explosif

Latest posts

Back