1991 Kona Cindercone Winter Bike

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
This was intended to be my winter hack, leave it outside, don't wash it , that sort of bike. I've started to fall for it a bit now though and it does at least get a wash and polish every so often :)

Thanks to Ringo for a very fair price on the frame and to Fluffychicken for lending me the seatpost and rear brake stop. Most of the rest of the bike is built with spare parts I've ended up with but its all come together to make a very nice riding bike even if it is a bit scruffy, in fact none of my other bikes have been out of the shed since before xmas now.

ABCD0016-11.jpg

ABCD0010-9.jpg

ABCD0011-6.jpg

ABCD0012-8.jpg

ABCD0015-8.jpg

Very nice build you done on it, you like the ride??

rojo":2f5xox0e said:
Very nice build you done on it, you like the ride??

Love the ride :D

I built my Lava Dome a couple of weeks before this which was my 1st Kona and immediately liked it so I saw this frame and thought I could build a good usable winter bike for peanuts.

Keep missing build threads or am I just getting lost on which bike is which now :LOL:

I fancy swapping the silver stem spacer for black to see what it looks like.

v40 kona

how many times have i said that! build a banger for fun but end up injecting quality anyway AND allowing it to come indoors. :LOL:

You don't see many of those forks chris, now i'm seeing them on yours they do go quite well with the overall look. control tech and bar-ends :cool:

nice kona in that pea soup greeny bronze.

do kona have names for their colours? like klein with dolomite, GT with inferno etc...

Re: v40 kona

marc two tone":35qfuxps said:
nice kona in that pea soup greeny bronze.

do kona have names for their colours? like klein with dolomite, GT with inferno etc...

Yep, they called that one 'Cinder Gold'

Back