9 speed Shimano or SRAM - found

I have a as new ultegra cassette I think it's a 11-23 but I could be Wrong can check it out for you if you want

Just had a look it's a 12-23 shimano cs6500 9 speed. It's not new but if it's done more than 10 miles I'd be surprised its spotless and good to go

Chute55uk":2i6eygof said:
Just had a look it's a 12-23 shimano cs6500 9 speed. It's not new but if it's done more than 10 miles I'd be surprised its spotless and good to go

Sounds good, would prefer 12-25 but could be persuaded ;) how much would you like for it inc. postage and would you be up for trades? Anything you need ATM?

Prefer trades to be honest. Any road stuff as I'm doing up the gt I'm after a double chain set or a set of brake calipers or some mountain bike road tyres?

Cool, I have all of these knocking around! And double cool as I LOVE GT road bikes! Have you a link to it by any chance?

Details... dual pivot, sidepull or centrepull brakes? How 'vintage' a chainset? Type of axle etc. :D

Well I'm about 100 miles away so could be local depends how fast your car is! The bike is a 1996 rave so it has a square taper shimano with 175 cranks shimano 300ex to be precise on the groupo. It has side pull dual pivot tektro shite on it atm but the worse thing is the seat post or what's left of it is stuck I've sawed, hammered, twisted, oiled, drilled, milled, heated all to no avail I'm doing more damage to the frame than good but it's not gonna beat me.

I have the same situation with a lovely Cougar at the mo (though not quite as bad) so my thoughts are with you on the seatpost!

Off the top of my head, my chainset are either very modern external BB or 1970s like Nervar (Nervex?). All good but thinking the best I have for you is a nice Shimano 600 that I just fitted to late 1980s Raleigh :LOL: :roll:

Brakes wise, I have some Dura-Ace single pivots but they are pricey!

Back