Boardman CX Team vs. Genesis Croix de Fer

As far as i know, it is. but due to the BB30 having a known issue, it's recommended that the BB is removed regreased and put back in.

as far as i know, anyway...

roger roger

they do need to be seated correctly or they last about 30 mins before the dreaded creak.

i have fitted bb30's before but only with the proper park tools. the bearings are stopped from going in too far by a couple of circlips so you just need to make sure you dont press them too hard or they can distort the circlip.

So I tried on a small this morning.

I've been told at 5'8" I should ride a 54cm. the small is 50cm (medium 53cm)

The medium felt fine, but the small felt..well, better..i think.

On the horizontal bars, it felt about the same position as my mountain bikes, a little stretched out, the way I like. Dropped down it felt a ok too, perhaps a little cramped, but then i've not ridden drops for a very very very long time.

I'm confused..

should a small fit better?

There is a bad batch of bb30's i wqs told yesterday as a customer had the dreaded click click click click on a bike from september. Apparently they changed supplier of ball bearings. Someone was said to have taken a set apart and the bearings not even being spherical...

this is turning into a saga.

went to play with the bike a bit more today with a mate who's a bit more knowledgable than I, and he agrees, the small is a better fit. Had the bike put to one side, asked about the process for getting the bike..do i need written quote to take to the company to get my e-voucher..blah blah. Chap didn't know.

Off i toddle back home to check on the scheme website what i need to do next...Halford's aren't on the same scheme as me...

:facepalm:

Back