1996 Kastle 5.5

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked this up on Gumtree.

Never heard of this brand before, but price dictated that I must buy :cool:

Frame is Tange Cromo. Groupset is STX/LX/XT/DiaCompe mix. Finishing kit is all Kastle branded but seems ok quality to me.

In nice, almost mint condition. Just a couple of small marks to the decals on the down tube, and the 'Deore LX' band around the rear hub fell off when I washed it. I'll stick it back on and nobody will know.

Attachments

• kastle1.jpg
    kastle1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,724
Look's decent enough, STX/LX/XT and DiaCompe is quite an eclectic mix, sounds like someone has been into it enough to replace/upgrade bits over the years.

Did'nt this company also do carbon bikes BITD or am i thinking of Kestrel ?

jimihendrix":3jmqf142 said:
sounds like someone has been into it enough to replace/upgrade bits over the years.

Only the rear mech is XT, so I would imagine this is the usual thing of up-speccing as a selling tool.

Oddly, both rims are the same, but front hub is STX and rear is LX.

nice find - Kästle was/is an Austrian Ski manufacturer. When the snowboard area begun Kästle did not jump up this trend and went (almost) bancrupt. Then the Italian Benetton company bought Kästle and established the bike brand - mid 90s was the high time of Kästle with a full range of bikes from beginners bike to somewhat strange looking DH machines as well as pro's road racing bikes.

Back