show us your elevated c/s bikes

mikee":19gi800g said:
thats a cracking looking bike
not sure about the belt drive tho

Can't do a belt drive on a non-estay bike without cutting something (either a chainstay or a belt), so maybe it's there just because it's possible?

^ Can we see a better picture of the HARO Extreme with the bolt on rear triangle - not sure I've ever seen one before?

incorrigible - let me know if you would be willing to sell a large e-stay frame & ship to UK!

nice collection

mrkawasaki":1tfc3uz4 said:
^ Can we see a better picture of the HARO Extreme with the bolt on rear triangle - not sure I've ever seen one before?

I posted a couple of pics in the "Show Us Your Haros" thread:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

I'll take some better pics when I get around to rebuilding it. I'm waiting for some sweet NOS Michelin Wildgrippers in orange that I just got on eBay. They should match the orange decals nicely.

If you have a particular pic preference (angle, lighting, etc.), just let me know. I'll be happy to oblige.

Attachments

• NOS Orange Wildgrippers.jpg
    NOS Orange Wildgrippers.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,344
KeepItSteel":gp62gppw said:
incorrigible - let me know if you would be willing to sell a large e-stay frame & ship to UK!

nice collection

Thanks for the compliment.

The fluoro Haro is definitely too tall for me, so I'll keep you in mind when I decide to sell, but I want to find one in my size before I sell it.

Other than that, just about everything else you see in the pic are all keepers, although they may be quite a "barn find" for someone after I pass on (don't anyone get any ideas, though; I've got dogs, alarms, weapons.......I won't go quietly, that's for sure :LOL: ).

Haven't seen one of these yet
DSC00631.jpg

Can someone remind me what the point of E-stay was? Is it just to stop chain bashing chainstay and/or stop chain suck?

A mate of mine has an E-stay Al-Mega with early Rock Shox... the frame has cracked, just like everyone else's Al-Mega as far as I can tell. Don't rate 'em myself.

grogee":1e597eqh said:
Can someone remind me what the point of E-stay was? Is it just to stop chain bashing chainstay and/or stop chain suck?

I believe the main reasons were to eliminate chainsuck and to allow much greater tyre clearance....

Back