HARRY QUINN

MILGI MON

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
I HAVE AN EARLY 60S HARRY QUINN FRAME WHICH BELONGED TO MY FATHER. THE FRAME NO IS Q1190. FANCY NERVEX LUGS,REALLY THIN WRAP ROUND SEAT STAYS AND A ELEGANT CURVED FRONT FORK..THE FRAME IS PERFECTLY TRUE AND IT GOOD CONDITION AND WAS ORIGINALY PAINTED TURQUOISE WITH WHITE BANDS..FROM WHAT I REMEMBER I THINK DAD GOT IT IN 1961!!! ANY TIPS ON HOW TO RESTORE IT !!!

Take it to C&G finishes in Liverpool. They would have sprayed it originally and they still do a good job including repairs etc. if required. However, if the paintwork etc. is still in reasonable condition a good clean, light T-Cutting etc. can work wonders.

Can we have some photos please? There's a good following for HQ's here.

Some more info here -

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Britis ... y_main.htm

Have a look on the 'Registry' section regarding the frame number etc.

this is a quick photo with my mobile ..ill get the camera out for better ones soon..

Attachments

• SP_A2731.jpg
    SP_A2731.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 968
This is my father in ireland on it in the early 60s.The plan was to restore it for his birthday unfortunatly he passed away. My intention is to re build it as close as it was then in his memory..

Attachments

• beic2.jpg
    beic2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 931
Nice bike and a very nice project.

Have you still got any of the original components?

The Classic Lightweights site has loads of cool stuff about this
era, including some idiosyncratic articles on restoration.

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/index.html

And velobase has useful stuff if you want to get really pedantic
and have all the parts from exactly the right era.

http://www.velobase.com/

Would be really cool to take it round Ireland as a further tribute,
I reckon.

Johnny

I HAVE THE ORIGINAL MAFAC RACER CALIPERS AND LEVERS, AND THE 1960S EVIAN DRINKING BOTTLE.ALL IN PRETTY GOOD NICK. I RACED IN THE GHS CHAMPIONSHIPS ON IT IN 1989 AND HAVE A PHOTO SOMEWHERE . I RECALL IT BEING VERY COMFORTABLE AND HAVE MEMORIES OF WATCHING THE FRONT FORK BOUNCE..NICE....I ALSO HAVE A TONY OLIVER!!! TIMETRIAL FRAME.EXTREEMLY WELL MADE AND PROBABLY RARE THESE DAYS, I GREW UP IN RHOSYBOL WHERE TONY'S WORKSHOP WAS. ..ANY TONYOLIVER FANS OUT THERE!!![/u]

the harry quinn at full speed!!! around 1989. photo taken by TONY OLIVER the frame builder! many thanks for the links..looks like this will be an amazing project to finally finish...

Attachments

• GHS 1989.jpg
    GHS 1989.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 904
........by GHS do you mean the George Herbert Stancer Memorial Schoolboy event ??

That takes me back a bit LOL

Shaun

I ALSO HAVE A TONY OLIVER!!! TIMETRIAL FRAME.EXTREEMLY WELL MADE AND PROBABLY RARE THESE DAYS, I GREW UP IN RHOSYBOL WHERE TONY'S WORKSHOP WAS. ..ANY TONYOLIVER FANS OUT THERE!!![/u][/quote]

Now that's a name I haven't come across for years :D
As a member of the Menai CTC we used to call round if we were passing for a panad ;)
I did have his wife's old touring frame which he built for her many moons ago.
I believe he's into his photography these days.

Back