What rim should I go for?

yo-eddy":kods8yss said:
most important, find yourself a (very) good wheelbuilder, makes more difference than any rim.
I will be using Nirvana Cycles in Wescott, Surrey. They did a grand job on my mates wheels when he got his hubs built up!

Just got to settle on a choice of rim (ooh err!!)

cyfa2809":1k32djt8 said:
yo-eddy":1k32djt8 said:
most important, find yourself a (very) good wheelbuilder, makes more difference than any rim.

Ah but why so?

A good wheelbuilder will build you a well balanced and stiff wheelset, perfect and even tension on the spokes and "de-stresses" the wheel so you don't have to tension the spokes again after a couple of months.

I'm a 95kg rider and can tell you this makes a massive difference.

agreed, those laser rims are rather tidy! I was looking at that one the other day. Is it rim brake compatible, as I want to have the hubs built on matching rims and the frame is rim brake only!

Some of them look like they might be, but then turn out not to be! :oops:

EDIT: Incidentally, this looks quite tasty, rim brake compatible and also no-tubes if I wanted to - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=10506

yo-eddy":au7mdjpn said:

Very true.

I don't think you can beat a well built Mavic personally.

Ah the dt is nice also. I have the e540 and think it would look very nice with red nipples.

Latest posts

Back