The Rumpfy Collection. Current Muses

Nice collection. The 92 Potts looks fantastic. I imagine the paint looks even better in the flesh. As always with me, loving the P23 ;)

MadCowKev":1yu3wlid said:
Nice collection there Erik - particulalrly impressed by the period correct build on the Bontrager Cross ;) :LOL:

(my personal favourite - would love to give it a hammering at The Peaks)
it rides like a dream

i can't begin to tell you how nice that bike is

Very good collection, of an interesting choice of bikes.
Fantastic detail and standard throughout..

All part of the MTB family tree!

Thanks for the kind words guys! :)

Dhphat - The shifters are Campy made Sachs. They index well with the 7spd.

Benandemu - Bikes are (mostly) all California built or 'boutique' bikes.

Hollister/MCKev - I think that CX descends like hell. Its a bit big for me and it should probably be set up more like a road bike and less like a mountain bike. I haven't been able to get into it. Its on loan with Hollister and he seems to like it.

P20 - Yeah, the paint is stunning on the Potts. I'll get a close up pic for you.

Anthony - LOL! That would be pretty entertaining to me...but probably a bit dull for everyone else. Its about...half the collection (give or take)? Carsten's Goat is a Deluxe with the ovalized tubing. Cooler and far more rare than mine.

Cherrybomb - NorCal geometry. They cruise and don't have quite the same aggressive angles as East coast or more modern bikes. The frame size is probably what throws things off too since the Salsa is a smaller bike. Though Salsa's frames were pretty forward thinking in terms of geometry. It rides like a modern bike which is pretty impressive.

Pickle - The GT has been a fun bike. Heavy, but very flashy early 90's style.

Archangel - Yeah, I figure everyone is sick of the Tomac. I left a few other bikes off too that are finished. Next project is...either the Yeti Ultimate (needs paint) or the Potts CCR (needs a Groovy custom stem and paint). The Mantis is close to being done, but its not been inspiring me recently. I'll be re-unveiling my Otis Guy soon which I'm excited about. A few other projects are left after that....

Andrewl - Thats like picking a favorite child. So hard to do. The Salsa has been my recent favorite to ride, but I have high expectations of the P-23. The 84 Potts, despite its age, it a joy to ride.

Close up of the 92 Potts paint and brazing work:

IMG_5114.jpg

I'll have to get a more updated photo of the current line up:

IMG_4156.jpg

MadCowKev":1rrt7m38 said:
Nice collection there Erik - particulalrly impressed by the period correct build on the Bontrager Cross ;) :LOL:

(my personal favourite - would love to give it a hammering at The Peaks)

Likewise my personal fave from that collection. I love the CX frames. That Salsa is also lovely though.

Thanks Eric. It's a shame you're so damn tall though as if you ever sell them I'd be out of the running straight away !

Back