The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

elPedro666":23rsbi65 said:
Happy New Year all!

Just piked my own first ride of the year :oops: spent all afternoon/evening in A&E with leprosy though, so decent excuse!

DSP - who were you scheming with behind me at Cannock, do we have a new NWer to play with? :D
Could've been simonf. He's near Delamere and I seem to recall discussing a future visit with him.

Sounds good - all I manage at Delemere is getting lost and sneaking out through the same farmyard every time! :oops:

Easy_Rider":p7q1gt4l said:
I've never ventured into delamere, I tried once but I had no idea where to go!

I'm convinced there's a stack of great riding in there if only I could find some more of it! :roll:

Re. Delamere - I used to live 1/2 a mile from there so knew it well. Set up a low key Saturday meet and we'll ping around it and see what's changed... (good cafe there too)

A visit to Delamere should definitely be on the cards this year.
Does anyone know what the trails are like in winter though...?
I don't fancy a mud fest so it may be a good idea to leave it until spring perhaps.

Anyway, I've just worn out the copy and paste function on my pooter sorting out this year's calendar thread and archiving the previous one.

CtrlC - CtrlV (repeat)

drystonepaul":f646uhm8 said:
A visit to Delamere should definitely be on the cards this year.
Does anyone know what the trails are like in winter though...?
I don't fancy a mud fest so it may be a good idea to leave it until spring perhaps.

Anyway, I've just worn out the copy and paste function on my pooter sorting out this year's calendar thread and archiving the previous one.

CtrlC - CtrlV (repeat)

I did Delamere years ago, I jumped an excavated pit and put my foot onto the front spokes on landing, then later on I turned to sharp on a pine needle bend when over steer threw me over the bars causing me to create a groove in the pine needle covered groove the width of my chin, I can still taste them now, but no I remember it being fun, that was in the late 90s on a Kilauea 1994 I think with P2 forks.

It would be nice to see how its changed

mrkawasaki":1uhrjrr5 said:
Re. Delamere - I used to live 1/2 a mile from there so knew it well. Set up a low key Saturday meet and we'll ping around it and see what's changed... (good cafe there too)

You are a minefield of good information sir! :cool:

Sounds like a plan, how about Feb 4th as a suggestion to the get the ball rolling? Unless it's useful for Martin's recce on the 14th? Not that I'm trying to get back up to save me from the thrashing I'll get if it's just me and him... :oops:

Should have a new retro to test out by then too... :?: :?: :?:

elPedro666":1aczn318 said:
mrkawasaki":1aczn318 said:

You are a minefield of good information sir! :cool:

Sounds like a plan, how about Feb 4th as a suggestion to the get the ball rolling? Unless it's useful for Martin's recce on the 14th? Not that I'm trying to get back up to save me from the thrashing I'll get if it's just me and him... :oops:

Should have a new retro to test out by then too... :?: :?: :?:

Im game for this too ive spent alot of hours there and would be able to aid Mr K in direction,,, ish, if you were to need it like,
it is a top place full of singletrack and little hills, must admit ive never been the same way round twice theres too many options,
Its time we recce'd a circuit through this forest its seems a shame we dont ride this stunning part of cheshire,
Mr K whats the sandstone trail like ? isn't it an old railway line thats part of the forest?

Back