95,96 & 97 Kona Custom colour schemes/paint jobs

I'll add my Hot. Another 1 of 1 paint job.

IMGP2882.jpg

nice collection of special Konas so far :cool:

here's my 96 Kula custom painted - (pics. courtesy beepbeep - bought it from him)

konaku1_139.jpg

95explosif":1j15cbbv said:
I'll add my 97 Ku - currently in commuter mode.

No idea if it's a 1 of 1 colour, I doubt it!

ku.jpg

I think that is the colour of the Ku in the 95 catalogue! Very Nice! :cool:

magas":1mf9zukt said:

here's my 96 Kula custom painted - (pics. courtesy beepbeep - bought it from him)

konaku1_139.jpg

hey Magas I remember seeing this for sale when I was searching for my Kula.

I was tempted to buy it but it just wanted the Classic Kula gold of the 96 that I love so much.

Have you not built it? It needs decals as well lol

Monkeeee01":3ut8xz8x said:
magas":3ut8xz8x said:

konaku1_139.jpg

I was tempted to buy it but it just wanted the Classic Kula gold of the 96 that I love so much.

:cool: very nice Martin :cool:

Ernie ;)

Monkeeee01":1wl8gvx4 said:
Ok so its not 95 - 97 but its one of the last Hot's ever made and incredibly unique in many ways but particularly the paint job.

Can't believe it just 72 hrs ago I was commenting that "one day" I hope to be lucky enough to get my hands on a Hot and now I am the proud owner.

Thank you to Matt - you are a legend.

Going to take my time building this one and only put the absolute best parts on it.

I just can't decide what forks would suit the colour scheme best - I am even thinking about taking the frame to a painters and getting them to colour match the paint and get some forks replayed to match - what do people think?

hotn.jpg
[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Bud..really depends what forks..if you go for P2 fork ..i would try and go for a contrast..for example..

gold to match the out edge of the "decals"..or just gloss black..if you can match the green..which in my opinion might be too much..project two decal black with gold outer..Gil is a wizard with this.. ;)

Ernie ;)

Monkeeee01":3kxj4on0 said:

for me the decission was easier as I allready had a 96 Kula in my stable, so I went for it ;) Did not built it so far, other projects appears, but will build it in the near future. It will get decals, but not sure about size, style, colour aso. - dont want to cover those lovely flames :)

love your newly aquired Hot - thats really hot :cool: I would build it with some nice lite parts, Ti or carbon, a SID fork, XTR or SRAM 9.0 & Avid for shifting & braking, custom wheelset - presto a light and reliable racebike.

ernie":128rvoxq said:

Ernie ;)

cheers Mark :D colour is very bright and the diff. colours matches very well, qualitiy paintwork also - wonder who did it :roll:

magas":1nhhgyrd said:
ernie":1nhhgyrd said:

Ernie ;)

cheers Mark :D colour is very bright and the diff. colours matches very well, qualitiy paintwork also - wonder who did it :roll:

the flames seem a very bronzy/orange colour and the rest seems a purple/blue colour...again very striking colour scheme :cool:

Ernie ;)

Back