Gazelle Champion Mondial AA project - FINISHED

Is it something like this?

classic-cinelli-stem-7-9cm.jpg

Tel":1p303ysw said:
My thoughts exactly! You mean polished rather than chromed. ;)

Yeah, thats right. But VERY polished haha
thanks for your help. I was actually thinking that no-one even reads this topic

Yes thats a 1r stem, 80's era afaik.

The hex bolt type are obviously older, Cinelli versions tend to be very expensive don't see many others. The most common is probably GB spearpoint but alas that is English

Received today:

- Gazelle pantographed bar end plugs

KUOvg.jpg

- Campagnolo pantographed chain stay protector. For some reason it's not chromed as i thought it would be. Maybe theres a protective film on top. Need to try to peal it off, but afraid to ruin it...

frUkU.jpg
9bRhn.jpg

Good news- I got my Gazelle chromed forks yesterday and started to slowly assemble it. Theres a pic of headset installed with new forks

1APby.jpg

I'm so excited, can't wait to ride her...

nice topic/project, keep them pics coming :cool:

on the stem I would personally go for a Cinelli XA,
(or I have a cinelli 1E here somwhere that I might sell.. :) )

Yesterday I bought this DecoColor extra fine opaque white paint marker for the lug lining. Probably will do trial on my other Gazelle frame today

FDC0U.jpg

Right, there are some pics of my trial Lug Lining. Took me ages to do it, as everytime I was starting my hands were starting to shake like I'm an alcoholic. Anyway, I managed to finish it and quite happy with result. I know it's not perfect and you can see it with close shots, but from the distance it looks cool I think. I guess it would me much easier if I apply some sort of a mask, but don't know how to do it. What do you think guys?

KbxMb.jpg
99r9W.jpg
FNxvm.jpg
IgYhZ.jpg

I think it looks good. At least as good as Gazelle did it I would think.

Latest posts

Back