Whats yer plans for 2012?

I bought an old Cannondale F700 frame last year so will try to get it built.
I need a working Headshok fork for it, have 4 or 5 Headshok forks in various states but need to re-build one to fit to F700. Managed to get a FT80 Headshok cartridge in the Edin Bicycle sale, £31 instead of £112, so it will be a simple :roll: case of fitting it to one of the forks I have. Think I've only got one fork that has 80mm of travel to fit it to.
Need to find a removal tool for cartridge as my Lefty tool won't fit. :(

Well the target here is to get fitter so I'm not always at the back.

Parts wise no new purchases intended other than wheels for the Marin but that can wait until summer - only really need to rebuild one I have with a new rim really but I promised to learn wheelbuilding a few years back and have got no futher.

Bike wise there is a list and this might be the year for a modern but that is down to work and whether a bike scheme does eventually start.

Might buy a bigger road frame if I see something I like... for pennies :)

well i'm slowly getting all the bits for my roadbike together and losing weight at the same time :cool: really want to get out more this year .

i'm selling off most of hopes entire 1990's stock i've managed to collect :LOL: and most of my dh stuff to fund something from the 80's :D

i want to build a garage queen too :LOL:

the amount of miles you've not done this year eck ,i thought you were a
garage queen

Just bought some kit ; Helmet, gloves, pump etc the idea is to get out as much as possible this year after spending a year on my arse.

Need to finish the Marin and the Specialized, off to the bike shop to talk prices on getting the Rocky running nicely, today.

Fitness, fitness, fitness.

Looking forward to getting out MacRetro and tagging along with you lot.
(when it gets a bitty warmer.)

Only money will be spent on completely necessary things and no more bikes.

;)

It's going to be a monumental year for me. The big 4-0, dislike my job, sick of the rat race and the big bills.

So, I'm selling my business for starters. Going to build a modest cottage on the land we have out in the sticks and I'm going lead a much simpler life. I'm going to rebuild the outbuildings and set up a new frame shop and build lots of lovely frames for you lot. Less work, less stress, more family time, more riding time, more 'me' time.
Also going to finish rebuilding the Jensen and make a start on sorting out the Alfa shell.
Bike wise, I have a Ritchey Commando to pay for, a Breezer Series 1 replica to finish and I want to build myself a stainless Schwinn inspired 29er with a Rohloff hub.

Not a lot then :?

Back