28th Jan - Whiteways - now with added aftermath

BobCatMax

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Morning All,

Just putting some feelers out to see if anyone would be interested in a whiteways/SDW ride on the 28th Jan (Saturday).

retro/modern doesn't matter. A friend and I are planning to do some all day riding, Starting at Whiteways in the morning and then cycling home along the SDW after lunch to Worthing and maybe more...

any idea on length of ride?

im finally close to having my retro built so need a good test ride, im going to destroy the competition at Big Dog this year!

none whatsoever yet, I'm afraid chap.

Whiteways has lots of runs all over the place, so that section (morning) can be as long or as short as you want it to be. There's a nice cafe to sit at and catch your breath if you fancy sitting a run out, this also means there's no worries about getting back to the start..

The afternoon session would be my mate and I making our way back to mine from whiteways along the SDW to Worthing but probably blousing out around Sullington Hill and snaking down through High Salvington (around 12-13 miles). If we are feeling slightly more up for it though, we could head past Chanctonbury Ring, down to Cissbury Ring and home that way, which would put it closer to 20 miles (probably 17-1:cool:.

That said, if you wished to meet at mine, we'll be heading over on the train somehow, i think Amberley, and cycling from there (one evil hill).....?

ive never ridden any of those areas but they all sound enchanting & wondrous.

if im to head down that far then id rather make a full day of it, and would probably come with at least one buddy - so im happy to leave it at your discretion

I'm in. I need the training for HotA..

I'm hopefully going out on a road ride with TGR this weekend, and am planning to do the London to Brighton again on 15th so I'm definitely up for doing this ride with you BCM. Probably meet at yours and stay with you the full distance back over the South Downs Way.

I'd like to say i'll be up for this, but i always seem to pull out at last min for some reason. Aslong as i have new roofbars i'll be there most probably on something modern :LOL:

Latest posts

Back