Whats yer plans for 2012?

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I know theres a thread on the main site somewhere but its always nice to know what yer cohorts are planning :D

Me I've to finish the FAT the Ibis and the Klein, think the rest will be shelved indefinitely, still have the notion of a Ti project. I won't bore you of my annual clearoot threat this time either. Modern bikes should see some come and some go, do fancy something new though but my mind changes all the time.. will be trying to lighten the Kona King and the road bike, maybe a new hardtail in the offing.

Hoping to do a few races and sportives and really looking forward to Torridon as well as ticking a few trails I've been saying I'm going to do for years. I also have had a notion for an Arran loop series, cycling both directions then figure of 8 then a double :) not on the same day mind.

Finish the following Blue Pig, Yeti, M2, Zaskar, Mount Vision, Kula, S/S Kilauea, Stab and I will. Im also going to retire my Explosif and fully restore it, shes earned it ;)
Have a holiday or three (up north) off/on road cycle camping (christian the Bob Yak) and do the Scottish XC series, do loads of epic rides (thought I'd try up north) :LOL: And get out as much as possible with my homies :cool:

Yee'all :cool:

No bikes for me just ride more and as well as torrid, fancy a 2 day run, with a bivy bag somewhere in the arse end of nowhere.

European Single Speeds and from here to Stornaway and back entirely on my bike bar ferries, probably need 3 weeks for that in Summer sometime.
No plans to do any meets other than MacRetro or whatever others can con me into but other than SSEC no racing. I cannot get fit enough to do it justice and when I compete I get annoyed at my fitness so best avoided. :roll:

As for bikes I cant say no :oops:

My main plan is to not buy any more bikes. It will be hard I know.

kaiser":2vepczgj said:
Me I've to finish the FAT the Ibis and the Klein, think the rest will be shelved indefinitely, still have the notion of a Ti project.

What Fat do you still have Kaiser?

This one.

4904476316_a2379e5dea_b.jpg

Most likely KHS will be stripped for donor parts as well as a few bits of bling :) but the mandate is non fussy rider.

Three main things:

1. Keep riding.

2. More road-biking this year for fitness. Really enjoyed the loan of Kaiser's Allez last year, definitely got the bug - and the budget build 'big.eck Trek' is coming along nicely.

3. Stop spending money on bikes and bike parts. As already noted, easier said than done. On the plus side, I think I've got everything I need, so this year should just be a case of spending money on maintenance and consumables.

Shaping up nicely! No bikes for:

Gazz
Rado
ZZ

:LOL: :LOL: will they last till then end of January?

At least Robs got enough on the go for everybody!

Well, my new old tad is still in customs but I bought it on the end of December so it doesn't count.

kaiser":2mj6te3c said:
Shaping up nicely! No bikes for:

Gazz
Rado
ZZ

:LOL: :LOL: will they last till then end of January?

At least Robs got enough on the go for everybody!

Back