My first Restoration - Clockwork - Finished Pg4!!

jimihendrix":16q8f7z8 said:
T
They ride very nice with the original skinny forks, very direct and precise but with just the right amount of springyness for comfort.

Thanks - I just hope I don't bend them! If I find some RC30's I'll put them on but that will be later on...

A few more bits bolted on. Seat post is 26.8mm so that's cool. It's just a cheapo one to get me rolling. Just slotting in the post brings it closer to life.

c72950e6.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the citrus Mavics don't look quite right with gum-walls??

Don't get me wrong, I like the wheels and I like the tyres, just...

...not together :oops:

We_are_Stevo":r1vtat75 said:
Am I the only one who thinks the citrus Mavics don't look quite right with gum-walls??

Don't get me wrong, I like the wheels and I like the tyres, just...

...not together :oops:

Yeah, i am loving the rims, but i'm thinking 'all black tyres' would show them off loads more, but thats just my opinion, nice looking ride and starting to come together :) looking forward to the completion :)

Jussa :)

Thanks chaps. We'll find out what it looks like on black soon. I'm aiming to get it finished and ready to ride for the 22nd Jan and won't want to use these amberwalls so i'll get some black ones.

Dummy build will be complete and rideable tomorrow; bars and seat skewer were the final requirements.

Can't believe the difference between old and new geometry when compared side by side.....

14f61439.jpg

Got it all together today. Had a bit of a faff with BB and axle position causing granny ring to snag chainstay but all sorted. Front mech hits frame in granny ring position so need to sort that but it's certainly all rideable and ready for a full test tomorrow morning.

After next weeks race then it will come apart again for powder coating and tarting up. Will post full spec later as I'm doing this on the phone.

7311eed3.jpg

283cc926.jpg

6c400b11.jpg

d1a1b6e0.jpg

746121f0.jpg

Performed brilliantly on the short ride this morning, shifting action was so scheeeerlick with the thumbies :D

Tried to capture the very Orange sun....but iPhone let me down.

a6af05aa.jpg

Couple of British classics, ish :LOL: ;)

56bb52bb.jpg

Looking very good, you've done a good job, and for the first ride out to be a success is a bonus to any build :) will keep watching to see how this one evolves after its strip-respray-build :) well done.

Jussa :)

Paul Eggleton":3q164q5m said:
Couple of British classics, ish :LOL: ;)

from what i'm led to believe, one was made in taiwan, the other hasnt been british for a long time & is now indian!

looks good, with some solid black tyres & fresh powder & decals it should look awesome. is the stem being powdered to match too?

Back