What rim should I go for?

Check mtbr for reviews too but dont take em all as gospel. Personal experience and all that.

Why not a Rigida snyper, the distributor RJ Chickens still has some stock of the silver ones as tey have been discontinued. A cheap 500g rim that will take up to 2.0" tyres as they are only 17mm (internal) wide.

Or a Mavic X717

Ryde (formally rigida) also make the edge - expensive and light (315g!) They recomend a max rider limit of 85kg.

bm0p700f":38clt2h5 said:
Why not a Rigida snyper, the distributor RJ Chickens still has some stock of the silver ones as tey have been discontinued. A cheap 500g rim that will take up to 2.0" tyres as they are only 17mm (internal) wide.

Or a Mavic X717

Ryde (formally rigida) also make the edge - expensive and light (315g!) They recomend a max rider limit of 85kg.

At 115kg, I can rule out the edge then!! I shall have a look for those snyper rims too, they sound interesting.

You are also the second person to suggest X717 mavics, they are certainly a strong contender.

I should mention they need to be rim brake rims too, even though the hubs are disc - frame is not disc compatible, forks are disc only!! And before anyone asks, the brake levers won't match, sorry! :roll:

I posted on your other thread suggesting Crests, but you'll need the older 355 if you want rim braking. They're a good rim, i've had them on my Yeti 575 for 4yrs now without problems and its had some stick. They're not that much more than 717 and that would be my choice. Nowt wrong with 717 though

If you need them to be rim brake compatible how about Mavic 721s. Have been running them a while and good and stiff.

To be honest, the Mavic rims are looking likely, but like cyfa mentioned earlier, its nice to have something a little different to the masses.

I haven't heard of Crest rims (I presume the have nothing to do with the obsolete toothpaste's namesake!!) But wil definitley have a look at them.

You could hunt down some NOS Mavic D521's :D
I love em :D
I think DT Swiss rims, although good, are over priced :?
I've never had any issues with the Sun Ringle rims i have either, tricky one :roll:

most important, find yourself a (very) good wheelbuilder, makes more difference than any rim.

Back