1990 Yeti C26

yeti

Soo ugly aesthetically but such an iconic piece of history in mountainbiking!! As i'm a long time mountainbiker myself but i still can't believe John did some "hands down in in the dropbar" downhill on this bike! :cool: :cool:

Re: yeti

kleinrenzo":2fw7uyw1 said:
Soo ugly aesthetically but such an iconic piece of history in mountainbiking!! As i'm a long time mountainbiker myself but i still can't believe John did some "hands down in in the dropbar" downhill on this bike! :cool: :cool:

Well then you are ignorant history wice. JT used the drop bars down hill, just it look up at youtube - he was hammering!

Nicest bike ever.

yeti-man":v1jm9ydx said:
kleinrenzo":v1jm9ydx said:

Well then you are ignorant history wice. JT used the drop bars down hill, just it look up at youtube - he was hammering!

Nicest bike ever.

Seen the video dozens of times mate... that's what i mean to say with that i still can't believe how john did it! ;)
And indeed the coolest bike bike but ugly IMHO (v. But voted even on it for the contest as bike of the year, as a Klein fan that must say something :D

kleinrenzo":2oufh10o said:
And indeed the coolest bike bike but ugly IMHO (v. But voted even on it for the contest as bike of the year, as a Klein fan that must say something :D

Thanks for the support Kleinrenzo, another case of "blondes and brunettes". I'd rather ride a Klein :smile:

I am sure you have seen this photo but I noticed it was not in this thread so............

BTW, offing nice.:)

Attachments

• tomac.jpg
    tomac.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 978
^ only the tomes was skilful and smooth enough to even consider doing that! check the white gloves also. way before the times! :D

IIRC he chose to ride drops because he was doing a lot of road cycling at the time and wanted to keep the position the same on the MTB as well.

Great pics, I can't believe he was that quick as well, those forks must have had all of about 1.5/2 inches of travel too!

Back