Had a day off today....

pete_mcc":18fh710e said:
(I'm a pendant and a perfectionist as well, don't ya know!!)

Pendant :?: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: that's so funny after what you wrote....I take it you meant pedant buddy ;) ;)

(no offence meant dude...)

Completists Rule...nowt wrong with Retro OCD :oops: :oops:

Whitefriars, my mistake...

it is quite tempting to do the completist thing, but often too pricey, I also find you end up with too much crap and boxes of stuff (ahem, Pete) piled up that you get annoyed with and have to flog off every 18 months or so... Im trying to be restrained about my collecting of chi chi these days... trying.

How many chairs Pete?

neilll":1w89ona9 said:
pete_mcc":1w89ona9 said:
(I'm a pendant and a perfectionist as well, don't ya know!!)

Pendant :?: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: that's so funny after what you wrote....I take it you meant pedant buddy ;) ;)

(no offence meant dude...)

No, i meant pendant, I'm a member of a religion that worships the necklace (or pendant) worn by the virgin mary. I feel that you are victimising me for my religious views and am about to report you to the mods unless you send me goodies as recompense!

...to be honest, for some odd reason, when I was thinking of Roly all that came to mind was a pendant lamp (he'll know why!?!), and somehow that made it into the post at the most inopportune moment! Classic!!

Oh and chairs, to add to the 7 already in here I just got a Miles van der rohe (not original, Knoll copy) for Sam for her Birthday, 4 morgens teak and wicker for the dining room and another stokke for upstairs (and I inherited 4 georgian things that I haven't a clue what to do with!)

Oh and to make you really green, I found a Herman Miller/Eames chest of drawers in a local junk shop for £30 :shock:

pete_mcc":3ruvfybx said:
Oh and to make you really green, I found a Herman Miller/Eames chest of drawers in a local junk shop for £30 :shock:

thats very good of you, I need a new chest of drawers...

Im a little curious of this 'local junk shop' of yours.

I wonder what call there is for an internet forum called 'retrochairs'?

theboy":1xz6j32l said:
Im a little curious of this 'local junk shop' of yours.

It's a local homeless charity that has a warehouse full of furniture. All the local Doris and Alberts leave all their worldly good to them when they die. It's got great rich pickings, especially after a harsh cold snap (I am going to hell aren't I)!

I've had three days off and not a sniff of a bicycle part at all. Although I am tempted by some new Deda bike ribbon - matt black or dark blue :?:

Back